You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-14 18:43:35

colgeocol

Using nanoDLP to update existing 3D printers

Shahin,

Thank you and your team for nanoDLP.  It is awesome.

I currently own a 1st generation bottom-up MiiCraft (Arduino Mega) and a 1st generation top-down LumiPocket Pro (Arduino Micro).

Do you know if anyone has been able to control either of these printers with nanoDLP?

I would prefer not to modify the LumiPocket Pro at this time and just run it with your much better software through the the existing Arduino board.

I need to repackage the MiiCraft (because of physical access and resin level control problems) and I would prefer to use Direct Control from Raspberry Pi 3.

Do you know of any available pHAT that could be used instead of your suggested control board?  Soldering is not an option for me.  Frankly, I would just like to purchase an equivalent assembled control board.

Eventually, I would like to try micro-stepping.  What specific stepper motor would you recommend?  With that determined, I could get the required stepper motor driver.  I just need a base/exposure area approximately 10cm x 10cm.

I will appreciate any information you, your team, or any forum person could provide.

Thank you again.

#2 2016-09-14 20:52:48

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Using nanoDLP to update existing 3D printers

I do not think anybody has produced direct control hat for nanodlp yet.

If you do not like soldering using Arduino mega will be much easier. I do not think it will be much work.
You can find plenty of tutorials on creationworkshop, you can follow them but connect Arduino to rpi instead of pc.

Also use muve3d marlin version with nanodlp muve3d distribution.

#3 2016-09-14 23:46:12

colgeocol

Shahin,

Thank you for the quick response.

Just confirming.  Are you saying I can use the Arduino Mega without the control board?

The control board is only for "Direct Control"?

Direct Control is what I want so I will try putting together a control board.

Thanks again and a have a good, productive day.

#4 2016-09-15 05:00:34

Shahin
Administrator

1. Direct Control) rpi => stepper driver (control board) => stepper motor
2. RAMPS) rpi => arduino => stepper driver (control board) => stepper motor

1. Pulse generation is not smooth, you could not find ready made board
2. Pulse generation is smooth and you could find lots of different RAMPS board for sale over the internet

There are some separate control board units which you just need to wire to arduino or rpi. Personally I had not good experience with them.
I prefer DRV8825.

#5 2016-09-15 14:40:41

colgeocol

Shahin,

Thanks again.  I'll go back and read every forum entry again.  Then I will get started.  I really appreciate your help.

Board footer