You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-12 23:54:09

macdarren

General Speed Question...

EDIT:  I haven't gotten any super feed back on this but I am now more clear on how speeds work... 
I must have understood this at one point but it escaped my brain....  In NanoDLP the speed numbers are not directly used for non direct control machines.
This is why the scaling seemed wrong...  Math is done on either fixed numbers or a number pulled from the control boxes but the number is just a number not scaled.
Math done in the G code boxes must do the scaling.

So what I currently have is 20-40mm/m for my peel and 400 mm/m on my lifts..

Online reading suggests I might want to drop to 10-15 mm/m peal, lifting might be harder to figure as resin liquid viscosity and cured hardness and feature size might effect
how fast a model can be returned to the vat without distortion.

Original Post:

So I have seen all sorts of numbers tossed about for the peeling speeds.
NanoDLP seems to indicate speeds in um/sec while G-code is usually uses mm/minute
Different control programs could use other units and somtimes it is not specified or just plain wrong.

So on a bottom up - FEP based machine what sort of speeds do you use in nanoDLP?
Are the units in nanoDLP actually in um/sec?
I am looking now at how to reduce print times, I currently use what I assume is a very slow peel (something like 20um/sec) but then the G-Code seems to indicate
"G1 F20" which makes me think it is really mm/minute either way I could probably go faster with no print issues...
Maybe this unit confusion is due to arduino drive vs direct drive?

I think the default I have seen on other nanoDLP installs is something like 200-400um/sec

So I guess what I want to know is for those of you with a G-Code driven Z axis,
what kind of F numbers do you use?

Thanks

Last edited by macdarren (2019-11-16 16:59:15)

Board footer