You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-07 20:12:44

macdarren

What does the new 'Toggle Diff' button do?

Just did an update and I see a new button on the layer display page...it is green and says 'Toggle Diff'.

It doesn't seem to actually do anything I can see....I hope it is not turning on the UV projector (I assume it would then be red or something) but I can't tell
any change in the info or image displayed when I click it..

Love new features even if I can't always figure them out...:)

Thanks

P.S. It would be really cool but maybe too much work to have a running Beta changes page to know when a new beta is release and what is new and should
maybe be given some extra testing.  It doesn't have to be fancy...maybe just a simple text page copied from whatever source comments are made in the files.

#2 2019-11-08 08:05:45

Shahin
Administrator

Re: What does the new 'Toggle Diff' button do?

It disable overhang area highlighting. On the second thought naming is very wrong.

I have spend some time on parsing commits` comment and display them as changelog. But still not ready.

#3 2019-11-08 16:07:28

macdarren

Ok I see how it works...I might suggest that it do a screen refresh (like the info button does) as clicking the button does not actually change the display (red highlighting remains) at least until you display another layer and go back or move to a new layer.  Probably a check box or bullet would be a better control than a button but button is ok as it remains pressed.  I might suggest name be more like 'show overhang'

Another question I just noticed while testing....I have a model that displays as having faulty layers (is that new?) (I wish the fault color was different from overhang as I didn't even notice and initially thought it was expected overhangs)...overhangs that did exist did not show on the overview line only fault layers, but overhangs do show as red in the plates.  Not sure why there are bad triangles (all interestingly in my support layers) and I like that it still sliced and just reports but it would be nice to have it shown in a different color especially if it will make no difference.  In my case layer slices looked and printed just fine.  maybe make the color yellow or orange or something and still show overhangs in red on next line...

#4 2019-11-08 17:05:06

Shahin
Administrator

1. Done.
2. It does not highlight difference for faulty triangles output, it is just warning to check layers to see if there is any malfunction in rendered layers.

#5 2019-11-08 18:06:41

macdarren

#1 great

yes....understand #2....I was just suggesting that it do it in a different color on the line above the images and that it not cause the overhang line to not be presented.

Board footer