You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-16 23:44:47

macdarren

modification to burnin layer erode...

I use burnin erode to reduce elephant foot on first layers of models printed directly on the bed.

This works quite well however it would be better if there was a check box or something that limits erode on areas that will become
completely eroded.  Maybe something like if the eroded area will be less than .5mm after the erode then the area will not be further eroded.
Maybe instead of .5 maybe the number should be any area less than 2x the erode amount.

This comes up if there are some thin areas on the burnin layers they will not be totally eliminated.
One other place this comes up is if there are supports for other higher layers the bottom of the supports can be eroded to the point
they don't actually form or support the areas they are designed to do.

Thanks

#2 2019-10-17 04:54:08

Shahin
Administrator

Re: modification to burnin layer erode...

I do understand the need. But it will complicate already complicated erode code with additional variable difficult to communicate with users.

#3 2019-10-18 00:59:11

macdarren

I don't know about the code....but if complication to the user is the issue...make it an advanced feature or just make it always on....then mention to users that erode is self limiting and will not eliminate small features...I think most users would think "wow that is nice" and not think twice about it.

#4 2019-10-29 20:10:27

MaxJewels

macdarren wrote:

I don't know about the code....but if complication to the user is the issue...make it an advanced feature or just make it always on....then mention to users that erode is self limiting and will not eliminate small features...I think most users would think "wow that is nice" and not think twice about it.

great options

#5 2019-11-08 18:36:39

Shahin
Administrator

Added to the development backlog

Board footer