You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-22 14:50:11

macdarren

Last printed..plate organization..

request line on plates page that show last object printed and time of completion....or add line to each object that show when it was last printed...or both.
maybe a line on each object and a color change for the most recent print.....

maybe a plate sort that organizes by last completed print or just shows most recent print on top as well as in list or most recent 5 prints only.

the why might be obvious but I have many similar plates sometimes of similar or same model just printed with different profiles ..I'd like some ways of organizing an grouping
or at least to see the ones I am currently working with and not have to look for them in list plus having a way to see which were recently printed when a project involves sets of parts.

I use a web based FDM tool somewhat similar to Nano for FDM called AstroPrint...it recently went thru a similar need for grouping and restructuring of flat lists, as the product grew. 

Their solutions might be worth a look.

TIA

#2 2019-09-23 03:26:02

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Last printed..plate organization..

Already have similar feature under development.

Appreciate if you could share though on weaknesses of nanodlp compare to astroprint. Also general feeling about nanodlp compare to astroprint.

#3 2019-10-23 18:25:39

macdarren

I have done some of this in other posts....

AstroPrint is a derivative of OctoPrint....both serve FDM printers, but not really Resin setups so it is hard to compare many things.

However one thing that AstroPrint has done is to provide better project and print and slicing organization....
When I get a chance I can try to describe what they do in more detail or provide some screen captures.
The general idea is they have a project level like project folders which contain models (STL files) then each model is linked to one or more sets of slicer parameters
one nice thing is you can choose a project/STL/slicer config then click it and make tweaks to generate a new derived config which is either saved for later use is a one off.
They provide ways to sort and veiw things and to re-organize.

I think for nano the way to go is to keep things Flat in reality but then create a linking system that in the GUI looks like some sort of tree structure.
It is still sometimes desireable to see the flat list of STLs or Plates or Profiles but viewing then in a more complex way provides needed organization.
Key is to develop some sort of layered way to setup all the various parameters.

#4 2020-12-09 08:28:48

Shahin
Administrator

Darren,

I believe majority of the requirements already deployed.

Board footer