You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-22 00:47:41

macdarren

Erode addition (skip layers)

I typically use erode to fight elephant foot on burn in layers....when I print directly on the plate.
I know others use erode to limit over filling of certain features like in jewelry.

I have found today that it would be nice to have an erode for regular (non burnin) layers but I don't want to erode my supports.
While there is no way I expect to know if you are eroding supports or model it would be good for things that have large flat bottoms that I
just do not want to print directly on the bed.  (think something somewhat fragile where large burned in first layers makes removal from the bed difficult)
I want to print this raised from the bed but on a flat raft of support pins....here I want to erode the actual model raised 5mm but not the support pins.
What I am doing now setting all of the support as burnin layers but that results in very long print tines with 5mm down as burnin.

If I could just specify that erode starts after x Layers or z mm, I could then erode the model as needed but not my underlying support structure.

I imagine there are others that would find this useful....shifting to printing in a different orientation is not possible on this model,
but erode is required to allow small inner gaps to not get too tight.....tweaking dimming might also help but is hard to get just right...

thanks

Board footer