You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-20 14:16:55

NJN

Laser Code unable to use "nested" functions

If I use a nested function such as the included example of [[ExecReturn python /home/pi/printer/calculate_speed.py [[LayerNumber]] [[TotalSolidArea]]]] in the "Laser Code", it appears to always get interpreted as sending "[[LayerNumber" to the python script, then sending [[TotalSolidArea]] (which does nothing because there's no letter to use as G code) then sends the final "]]" as an additional command!

I see this result as an error message from my Python code saying that it doesn't recognise the argument "[[LayerNumber", while the RAMPS terminal returns the error message unknown command: "]]"

This problem does not happen with any of the other Code boxes (e.g. Code after each layer), it's only the Laser Code!

Basically, the first instance of "]]" is ending the opening [[ExecReturn, not matching with the most recent "[["

I've tried enclosing the whole thing in curly brackets as "an equation" and checking I definitely have the right number of square brackets, but the result is always the same...

#2 2019-09-21 14:59:44

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Laser Code unable to use "nested" functions

Hmm it should not happen. Could you post a debug file?

#3 2019-09-23 09:42:51

NJN

Re: Laser Code unable to use "nested" functions

I'll see what I can do but this week will be extremely busy, so it might be a while before I have a chance to try it again and generate a new debug file, sorry!

It was pretty repeatable, even when I changed my Python script to be a single comma-separated argument instead of separate individual arguments the result was exactly the same so it should be easy for you to replicate even using the ExecReturn example?

Board footer