You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-19 21:59:51

macdarren

Features adds...(profile management)

I would like a return to the profile screen having numbers for the profiles, (they don't need to be sorted by number or maybe a sort tab to sort by name, number, z thickness or maybe some other parameter) and the plates screen to should show the associated profile number with the name.

Why..well I typically have several profiles which are all very similarly named.  This is a result of the fact that I have to use a naming convention as there is not
a good way to group and sort profiles.  Thus I use something like Manufacturer-ResinName-Zxx-(nano.feature)-(nano.feature)....

so all my profiles look very similar for the same resin....maybe this is not how others do it, if there is a better way I am open to ideas.
having a profile number (unique identifier) allows me to see that two plates have the same profile and if I want to choose a profile for a new plate to be the same as some
previous print it is easier to just select based on the number.

Maybe ultimately we need in addition to names have some ways to group profiles, by material, brand, nano.feature.

I use several resins and I spend time to tune a tweak each so that I can use it for various types of models with different requirements, as a result I Have close to 70 profiles on my system and expect to add more as I build up my resin library...now not all are super useful and I could probably cut the number in half but still that is more than is easily managed in a single long list.

Minor resin profile screen change...move 'import' to top of page with 'add'

Another minor feature I would like just to save clicks is a menubar choice (icon) to see the log....(not a sub menu but a main item icon) so I don't have to back to the dashboard all the time, for some reason I find I want to see the log when I am in various screens and it would be nice to be able to pop to it then back easily...

Also I would find a menubar icon that takes me to the nanoDLP forum useful.

Last edited by macdarren (2019-09-19 22:22:42)

#2 2019-09-21 15:07:13

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Features adds...(profile management)

Actually we used to have ID for each profile but removed to save space as requested by users. Not sure how we should deal with it.

Will work on other requests

Board footer