You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-06 08:25:03

alijahan79

How to use nanodlp directly with gpio-without RAMPS and etc

Hello
I have connected Nanodlp to a stepper-motor and I can control it throughout the Z-Axis Control page.
But the terminal doesn't work. Can I use it without RAMPS?
And I really don't know how to use G-Codes and how to write them. Is there any A to Z tutorial or something else?

thanks in advance

#2 2019-09-06 08:55:19

bigfilsing

Re: How to use nanodlp directly with gpio-without RAMPS and etc

Hi
G-code is a universally accepted language for CNC control
Just use google to get more info
For example theres a  run down of G-code commands here >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5bimWKeMbY
Of course there are a few exceptions where certain control systems only accept a limited set of commands .
Having said that the basic commands are pretty much universal Example
G28  will home all axis
G28 Z will only home the Z axis

To use the terminal you simply type in the command and hit the "enter" key ( also known as "return" on some keyboards.

In answer to your question re RAMPS. You always need a control board to receive and interpret the commands you or Nano DLP sends.
The control board is also dependent on what firmware you have "loaded" onto the Mega/ Ramps board.

The fact you can control the stepper with the Z menu is a good start and shows your mega/ramps is accepting commands from Nano DLP

If you want to test the terminal you could type
M114   ( and hit enter)
If all is working that should report the current positions of all axis
M119  ( and hit enter)
should report the end stop status  ( either open or triggered)

I would recommend the first thing you learn is the difference between "absolute" & "relative" positioning for axis movement.

Good luck

Last edited by bigfilsing (2019-09-06 08:55:57)

#3 2019-09-06 12:46:20

alijahan79

Thank you for the G-code lesson.
I have tested the codes which you suggest to run in the terminal but nothing happened.
And as I said before, I haven't any boards like mega/ramps and I control the stepper-motor just by the Raspberry Pi's GPIO and a driver.

thanks

#4 2019-09-08 08:22:10

bigfilsing

alijahan79 wrote:

Thank you for the G-code lesson.
I have tested the codes which you suggest to run in the terminal but nothing happened.
And as I said before, I haven't any boards like mega/ramps and I control the stepper-motor just by the Raspberry Pi's GPIO and a driver.

thanks

in that case G code commands won't work. You need some of OS/ firmware to interpret serial data (G code) and respond.q

Board footer