You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-25 12:46:01

andymoon73

RAMPS terminal Send Gcode problem

Hi! I am testing NanoDLP and RAMPS board on windows10 PC.
My RAMPS board Z axis works well when I use Repetier-Host and send Gcode.

But when I send Gcode from NanoDLP (127.0.0.1:8080/term) on my PC, it shows below Unknown command message on Serial Terminal.
What are those strange question marks? And how can I send correct Gcode?

Capture.JPG

I also have another problem
When I move Z Axis using Z Axis Control menu, it moves but it has some problem.
I can move same direction to same distance only one time and some distance moves wrong direction.
For example, when I select Top direction 10mm, it works but when I select top direction 1mm again, it moves wrong direction.

Is it my Marlin code problem?
I downloaded and modified the latest Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x in now.
If you have any comments, please let me know it.
Thank you.

Last edited by andymoon73 (2019-08-25 13:17:23)

#2 2019-08-26 01:59:13

bigfilsing

Re: RAMPS terminal Send Gcode problem

Hi
a couple of things that may help
Im not sure about repetier host as a gcode sender . I would recommend pronterface as the most simple straight forward way of connecting.

Z axis
With most firmware it will only allow limited use of an axis until it has been homed . This makes sense when you think about it.  The controller has no idea where an axis position is until it has homed

Marlin
Marlin bug fix 2 ???  I think thats  for 32 bit boards !  What control board are you using. Ramps ??

You need to use a modified version of Marlin with NanoDLP.   The modified version sends information back to NanoDLP regarding position and moves completed etc.
If you dont have this feedback you would need to put delays in your NanoDLP machine config that allow enough time for an action to complete before the following command is issued.
This can work but wastes a lot of time . The feedback method is far better

( PS i recently noticed some reference to NanoDLP in Marlin but have never really investigated it yet )

Last edited by bigfilsing (2019-08-26 02:01:40)

#3 2019-08-27 07:37:43

andymoon73

Thank you for your information.
I am using Arduino Due with modify RAMPS board and I use same boards for my FDM Printer for a long time and it works well without any problem.

I will check and test above things one by one.
Thank you.

#4 2019-08-27 10:45:46

bigfilsing

andymoon73 wrote:

Thank you for your information.
I am using Arduino Due with modify RAMPS board and I use same boards for my FDM Printer for a long time and it works well without any problem.

I will check and test above things one by one.
Thank you.

Ah the ramps Due project ...glad to hear you got it working i never really got mine to work properly.

Well in both bugfix 2.0 and Marlin 1.1.9 theres a section in Configuration_adv.h that refers to NanoDLP

Heres what it says
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/**
* NanoDLP Sync support
* Add support for Synchronized Z moves when using with NanoDLP. G0/G1 axis moves will output "Z_move_comp"
* string to enable synchronization with DLP projector exposure. This change will allow to use
* [[WaitForDoneMessage]] instead of populating your gcode with M400 commands
*/
//#define NANODLP_Z_SYNC
#if ENABLED(NANODLP_Z_SYNC)
  //#define NANODLP_ALL_AXIS  // Enables "Z_move_comp" output on any axis move.
                              // Default behaviour is limited to Z axis only.
#endif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So maybe ( and hopefully) all you need to do is remove the "//" from  "define NANODLP_Z_SYNC"  and it will report back to NanoDLP .  Much simpler than having to use modified firmware.

#5 2019-08-27 11:23:18

bigfilsing

Another potential issue is i think Marlin as used for FDM needs at least 1 thermistor ( temp sensor) and im not sure how they got around that with the modified firmware ( Muve FW)
Maybe thats another possible issue worth looking at !

I wonder if just not specifying a thermistor in the config of 1.1.9 or BugFix 2.0 is enough.
Then would just defining NanoDLP in Configuration_adv.h be enough ?

That would be too easy :-)

Last edited by bigfilsing (2019-08-27 11:26:13)

#6 2019-08-27 17:50:09

bigfilsing

OK so i was messing around with an Arduino Uno & GRBL and came across my old ramps/ mega combo
SO i flashed 1.1.9 to it ( with the NanoDLP option enabled in configuration_adv.h) and the baudrate set to 115200 and it works
The thermistor isnt an issue in the later versions of Marlin

Hooked up to a Raspi 3B with the latest NanoDLP on it and after configuring the correct serial port tested it with just a stepper attached to Z and an endstop attached to Zmin.
Works fine

#7 2019-08-28 02:13:14

bigfilsing

andymoon73 wrote:

I also have another problem
When I move Z Axis using Z Axis Control menu, it moves but it has some problem.
I can move same direction to same distance only one time and some distance moves wrong direction.
For example, when I select Top direction 10mm, it works but when I select top direction 1mm again, it moves wrong direction.

Having re read your original post i think the behaviour you mentioned is because NanoDLP is in absolute mode
i,e if youve pressed 10mm it will go to 10mm above the build plate Pressing it again will have no effect as its already there
If you press 1mm it will indeed go down to 1mm above the build plate

I think you are expecting relative moves i,e, when you press "10mm" it moves 10mm and if you press again "10mm" it moves a further 10mm

I have set up some "buttons" in Nano to do that . I use them when a print is finished to make sure the printed object clears the vat when i remove the build plate.

Button name > Z up 10mm
G91   // sets NanoDLP to relative mode
G1 Z10 F350  //  move the Z axis 10mm at 350 speed
G90 // sets NanoDLP back to absolute mode

#8 2019-09-03 12:32:43

bigfilsing

AvesNexer wrote:

Also you may have to change away from 5.1/7.1 surround-sound when playing X if you have currently selected that speaker layout in your audio control panel. Quadraphonic or 4.0/4.1 works well with X games, especially using fill speakers if you have the option.

If you dont have anything useful to say then probably best to say nothing !!!

Board footer