You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-13 20:44:52

elliot

hysteresis

Hi Shahin,
I want to eliminate some hysteresis in the system. I upgraded the lead screws but still have a little lag in up, and then, changing direction, down. Is there an easy way to add steps before an up move and before a down move? If I do a peel, the result is within 5-10 um for 30 + iterations.

I repeated measurements for 10 steps, 100 steps, 0.5 mm and 1mm.

If I move 10 steps up from home, I don't see a reading on the gauge for several repeats. If I move 100 steps, I see it is off by a repeatable amount. If I move up by 100 steps and then back to home and up again the trend is repeatable ( within 5-10 um every time but still off).

If I move up by x steps and continue moving up the first few sets are slightly off but after 3x the distance is repeatable for >30 iterations within 5 um. This tells me that it is accurate  in a single z direction if the motion is in the same direction. Moving down from the top point say 5mm, I see the same trend, the first 1-2 measurements are off from what they should be but the remainder of motions is exactly what is calculated. So its just the initial move and the screw/nut catching up with itself. So how can I add x steps to the initial up or down movement for both peel and layer height?

#2 2019-08-14 17:57:57

Doug

Re: hysteresis

G-code before and G-code after

Board footer