You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-13 08:30:47

Sorandy

Issue with Nanodlp talking to Grbl

Hi,

I am a freshman to nanodlp and dlp printer. And I am following the video guide on the website to set up the printer. Here is the problem I meet now during set up nanodlp.

The terminal page on nanodlp show nothing and there is no reply for "$" or "$$" when I tried to talk with GRBL through Nanodlp.

I use raspberry 3b+ and connect it with arduino mega2560 through usb. And also set correct port name in the set up page as the guide shows. I have tried GRBL in old version 0.9j (.hex file) uploaded by Xloader and also latest version uploaded by IDE. But the result turned out in the same way: nothing shown on the terminal and no reply towards "$" or "$$".

Hopefully someone could provide some hints or ideas on my problem, which would be really helpful. smile

Thanks!

#2 2019-08-15 05:10:01

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Issue with Nanodlp talking to Grbl

Are you selected correct port for arduino on nanodlp setup page?

#3 2019-08-15 10:43:02

Sorandy

Shahin wrote:

Are you selected correct port for arduino on nanodlp setup page?

Yes. I select the port on raspberry as video guide told and I think my process does not differ from the correct version.

#4 2019-08-16 06:00:46

Sorandy

Here is an update:

We change Arduino mega2560 with uno. And now the communication between GRBL and NANODLP works well.

We have been using Arduino mega2560 since we hope to choose a better firmware (maybe redundant) and we did not notice any note about Arduino version choices (maybe exist). And we have tried different version of GRBL, including old version of 0.9 on the tutorial website (hex file), 1.1 and even mega version on the github. But all failed here. So finally we decide to change Arduino.

BTW, thanks for people who helped reply our problem!

Board footer