You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 11:35:28

fcollingwood

Non-Nextion touchscreen support

Hi Shahin

I've got the Pi 4 going with an exposure screen on HDMI0 and a 7" SPI touchscreen on HDMI1. On boot the system runs chromium-browser in kiosk mode on HDMI1 and loads the nanoDLP home page.

I've realised that:

1. Scrolling is a pain.
2. There's no need for access to some of the pages on a screen intended to be mounted on the printer (Like Resin Profiles, and most of the pages under the Tools menu)

I'd like to build in some sort of screen size detection similar to TouchUI in Octoprint where by if it detects a screensize less than a certain number of pixels wide or some other mechanism, that it automatically loads a set of touchscreen friendly pages similar to the Nextion screensI've been hacking around in printers/public, but they don't seem to be the pages that nanoDLP serves

#2 2019-08-08 04:34:26

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Non-Nextion touchscreen support

You can do customization on UI as you wish. Do you want to keep ui same for browsers but for touch display make it much simpler right? I guess it will need some JS code to add CSS file if screen resolution is right. It shall hide any extra info from screen and modify layout.

#3 2019-08-08 07:20:14

fcollingwood

Shahin wrote:

You can do customization on UI as you wish.

OK, but where are the UI files? Like I said, I've been testing changes in ~/printer/public and none of the changes have shown

Shahin wrote:

Do you want to keep ui same for browsers but for touch display make it much simpler right?

That's exactly what I want to do

Shahin wrote:

I guess it will need some JS code to add CSS file if screen resolution is right. It shall hide any extra info from screen and modify layout.

Yup.

#4 2019-08-08 10:22:25

Shahin
Administrator

You need to carryout modifications on these two folders:
~/printer/public
~/printer/templates

For template changes you need to restart nanodlp. For CSS/JS just browser cache flush or ctrl+r/ctrl+f5 should be enough.

#5 2019-09-19 16:14:42

asdfmonster

fcollingwood wrote:

I've got the Pi 4 going with an exposure screen on HDMI0 and a 7" SPI touchscreen on HDMI1. On boot the system runs chromium-browser in kiosk mode on HDMI1 and loads the nanoDLP home page.

Hello fcollingwood,

can you explain me how you did this to work?

Thank you so much for your help and have a nice time.

#6 2019-11-27 15:53:31

Rahul

fcollingwood wrote:

Hi fcollingwood,

It would be real interesting to try this out, would it be possible for you to list the steps to achieve this?

Thank you in anticiaption!

Last edited by Rahul (2019-11-27 15:54:13)

Board footer