You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-10 22:43:08

reinventtheprintingpress

X Resolution stays at 100 um and Setup Page wont Work after update

Hi everyone

Two problems that have really kept me stuck. Worked on an original build 2227 now at 2265 (updating has not resolved issue)

So I've been looking deeply into calibration and I've been working on one particular issue for the entire afternoon.

Projector calibration has been really difficult - I am using an ACER 6502BD. Usually this has been working fine for what I need, but during the fine-tuning process I've been stuck.

After lots of careful testing and evaluation, the problem has been that I have been unable to change the X axis resolution. For some unknown reason, it is stuck at 100 um regardless of what resolution, ratio, microns per pixel and whether or not I fill in the X/Y field AND the Y field or not.

Every time it is stuck at 100 um - so I am able to expand or contract my Y direction, and alter my resolution to change the X ... but only by changing the projector settings, not the NanoDLP settings.

Any thoughts about why on earth X is hard-set to 100 um?? I cannot change it at all.....

Thank you!

#2 2019-07-11 05:14:30

Shahin
Administrator

Re: X Resolution stays at 100 um and Setup Page wont Work after update

Hi
There are resolution modifiers on profile page, I guess they have caused this issue. If it is not the case, please share a debug file also resolution you want to use.

#3 2019-07-12 00:19:32

reinventtheprintingpress

OH! Got it. So when I went to Resin Profiles and clicked on 'Advanced', I saw at the bottom that 'Override X Resolution' was set to 100 (Y was at 0).

I honestly have zero clue why that was there, and why it was set to 100. It was real pain - I guess it was changed in the new release. Is it default to 100?

TBH not sure what the point of this is - it should be default turned off because it was a real pain to figure out what the issue was. Mea Culpa if I set it at 3am one weekend evening, but I've never seen this setting below.

A modest suggestion - how about a switch for turning this setting on? Or wording with this field to the effect of "Set to Zero if you want override inactive'

Thanks Shahin!

#4 2019-07-12 18:26:21

Shahin
Administrator

Added resolution to logger at the start of slicing, so it would be easier to find out wrong resolution.

Board footer