You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-10 01:31:27

PhiMX

Nextion questions

Hi,
I am new to this project and I have some questions regarding the nextion displays.
First, I noticed that there is some discrepancy between the git hub page and
what is currently on the main page. Has the author moved away from the git to private development at some point?
Second, regarding the 2,4" and 2,8" displays, will there ever be again support for it?
I mean, space is really tight on them and I can understand that the author might decide to say that it is not possible to
fit the current layout on them, but it would be nice to know.
It is because I am rebuilding an anycubic photon at the moment and inside is an 2,4" screen, so i could just retrofit
without any hassle, but I need to know if there will ever be support for it or not. So ill either wait or not.

best regards

#2 2019-05-10 05:13:13

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Nextion questions

1. UI part was on github as it receive no serious contribution, it does not get updated lately.
2. 2.4 & 2.8 need totally different UI, so still not developed but I believe we need to support them.

#3 2019-05-10 14:02:18

PhiMX

Re: Nextion questions

Ok, thank you for the info. Myself, I get a 3,5" now since I want to finish my build. But for other people, it might be a wise idea to update the git,
since re-doing the layout does not involve too much coding, maybe someone might do the 2,4 and 2,8 inch HMI updating.

Board footer