You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-01 04:19:06

macdarren

Rpi Voltage?

Not sure if it is possible to add a voltage level to the Dashboard stats.
I know the Rpi has someway to detect the stability of the power supply, as the display can indicate a low power situation.

Why I want this is that I use an external WiFi adapter and I know sometimes Pis can have a intermittent high current demands,
which have from time to time caused me issues with the 5v supplies.....you would think in the 21st century we could build in-expensive
and reliable power supplies....at any-rate I have had some Wifi drops that require Pi reboots (local touch screen stays up but wifi dies)
Since my Pi and power supply are inside my printer and hard to access I would like to monitor for low voltage conditions.

This is probably not something that many people need but some might find it useful. 
I would think something that just show red/yelllow/green just to tell something about last few seconds of voltage stability.

Thanks
Darren

#2 2019-05-01 04:31:49

Yianni-VJ

Re: Rpi Voltage?

I second this request.
Had so many power related issues because I refuse to use a dedicated power supply.
Using an ATX's 5V line -> problems...
Using a 12V to 5V step down with enough amps, -> problems...
Made my own micro USB connector with thick wires, -> problems...

I m going to get to the bottom of this, but Darren's suggestion would be very helpful.
An application Log entry maybe?

#3 2019-05-01 04:57:15

Shahin
Administrator

If you put command below using [[Exec]] on gcode boxes, you could see messages on app log.
vcgencmd get_throttled
vcgencmd measure_volts
https://github.com/raspberrypi/document … cgencmd.md

#4 2019-05-01 06:12:27

macdarren

the [[Exec]] might be helpful but my problems usually occur during slicing not printing.

Board footer