You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-23 09:40:18

torels

Missing Layer

Hello,
I'm using build 2175.

After the update I ran two prints, both of them had a missing layer at the same height, even though it didn't show on the sliced images.
Some objects just failed and the rest of the print was lying on the bottom of the vat, some others eventually kept printing but with a very evident stripe where the missing layer was.

I don't know if it's the UV led that's not truing on or if it's the z axis going a level further, even though I believe the first case is more likely.

Any clues on how to troubleshoot other than running a dry print and stare at the printer for hours?

I've been printing with a mask and an unmasked print is running now, will update whether I keep getting the same error or not.

Thanks in advance,
Gab

#2 2019-04-23 18:34:34

macdarren

Re: Missing Layer

I’m following this as I have had several failures on things I think should probably print well.

No idea if it is related.  I have a ramps based system and like you I see no missing layers in previews
but have odd detachments.  Upping cure times significantly helps possibly because a skipped layer will now be cured
with the next layer however overcure causes other side issues.

Last edited by macdarren (2019-04-23 18:35:50)

#3 2019-04-25 05:04:13

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Missing Layer

I doubt recent development could cause such issue as image display module is intact also same for movement and etc.
Please, let me know if you found any abnormality in software which could caused it.

Board footer