You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-10 20:55:52

HeuristicWhale

Z-Axis movement not as expected in direct control.

I converted a Wanhao D7 to use NanoDLP in direct control.  However, I'm running into a few problems:

• The printer starts up by homing the Z-axis to the top and then moving to a "Stop Position" most of the way down the axis.  I'm not sure what this is; I would've expected the carriage to sit at the top of the printer until commanded otherwise.

• The printer does not home to the bottom at the start of a print.  I set the Z-axis using the "Measure Z-Axis Length" button, but the printer tries to move the Z-axis too far down for the first layer and stops when the limit is tripped.  I guess this isn't that much of a problem because I'm starting the print off of the bottom limit switch, but it is still weird.

• If I start a print, everything works fine for the first few layer, except that the printer backs off correctly then tries to move ~200 mm below the build plate.  This causes it to hit the bottom limit switch again.

I tried a variety of Machine Settings and using different code in the Resin Profile for before and after each layer (saving the position).  I couldn't find a lot of information on what, if anything should be in the Resin Profile for direct control and what the key settings are in the Machine Settings.  As far as I can tell, everything is wired correctly and the motor moves in the correct direction.  Any help would be much appreciated!

#2 2019-04-11 19:23:31

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Z-Axis movement not as expected in direct control.

1. Maybe direction should be reversed. There is a wiki on D7 and nanodlp.
2. Same as 1
3. Check jump layer value.

#3 2019-08-01 20:57:54

Elyas420

hi dear, i have this problem too, this problem i don't have with Previous version when I update Nanodlp to new version  I faced by this problem, Dear Shahin pls help us Dear,
* how can i upgrade nanodlp to old version?
I have really problem with new version of nanodlp dear,
pls help me Dear Shahin

#4 2019-08-01 21:01:51

Elyas420

I use direct and without RAMPS And Ardiuno

#5 2019-08-02 05:22:49

Shahin
Administrator

Elyas,
You experiencing the exactly same issue? Because as I understand HeuristicWhale using RAMPS but you are using direct control.

Board footer