You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-08 20:40:02

Jos

Top Down printer

Hello to all
I am new to this Form. I build my own SLA Top Down Printer. I installed Nanodlp on my Raspberry pi, with direct control from the Rapberry Pi to the printer. Now, I am doing my first tests on the printer. However,  I have a problem how to set the machine settings to a Top Down printer? Can anyone help me?

#2 2019-03-09 16:10:14

mystamo

Re: Top Down printer

We can help.. But you need to be more specific as to what you are having issues with setting up..

Watch the videos of "Tinkering on steroids" on youtube. His last video goes through setting up direct drive nano DLP for Top Down.

After you know what questions to ask.. Come back and ask away.

Mo

#3 2019-03-12 10:47:36

Jos

Hi Mo
Thanks for answering.
My issue with Nanodlp and my Top Down SLA printer is that in Nanodlp I cannot find where to change the default setting Bottom Up to Top Down. I had my printer running with Creation Workdhop where I could select either Bottom Up or Top Down. In Nanodlp is selecting between Bottom-up or Top-down possible, if so where can I select.

#4 2019-03-12 11:06:42

mystamo

Hey. So sorry. I don't think I read your op correctly.

What software release are you running ?  Sounds like you are running the original image.  Update the nanodlp software to the latest build the setting should be available in the machine settings tab.

#5 2019-03-13 14:12:25

Jos

Hi Mo,

My version of Nanodlp is build 1932, which I downloaded from the Nanodlp site underneath the heading “Advanced Installation on Raspberry Pi”, which means it is not the image file. I did the download a couple of days ago, I suppose it is the most recent version. When going to Setup/Machine Settings I do not see a field where I can select between Bottom-up or Top-down. Do I miss something?

#6 2019-03-13 14:27:13

fcollingwood

mystamo wrote:

Hey. So sorry. I don't think I read your op correctly.

What software release are you running ?  Sounds like you are running the original image.  Update the nanodlp software to the latest build the setting should be available in the machine settings tab.

That is not a setting that is available when using direct control - which is quite a pain.

#7 2019-03-13 15:58:39

mystamo

Oh. No... I didn't realize that i guess as I always only used bottom up for my designs.. I'm sure there is a way to fix the issue manually?  Move the top end stop to the bottom and reverse the motor direction? I'm not sure if that would fix the problem actually. Maybe Shahin can chime in.

Mo

Board footer