You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-26 07:02:44

mystamo

2k 1440 x 2560 screen issues on NanoDLP

Hi All,

So I opted to drop the Arduino GRBL and windows edition of NanoDLP. (After I made a barehanded shield)

I'm now using NanoDLP on a Pi 3 and I made a TOS sheild to fit onto the pi.

Everything works. And I mean everything now works.. Except! The screen!

I can see the calibration screens.. I can see the layers individually in the plate screen and keep them there and cycle through other layers.

But as soon as I come to print something... The layer image pops up for a moment during the time the printer is suppose to cure and the image quickly goes away.

This isn't my curing and lift and wait times as I've modified all times to greater than 5s and still see the image only for a moment.

Can someone please help me. It's 2am my wife is pissed as I've givin' up my last week to trouble shooting NanoDLP. I'm about to jump ship on this whole nanoDLP thing and go back to an ancient version of CW that I have

if you search aliexpress 5-5-inch-2560-1440-2K-LCD-Screen-LS055R1SX04-HDMI-to-MIPI-driver-controller-for-3d/32816576938 you will find my screen. With some config.txt settings which I have applied. As well as some NanoDLP resolution settings I have also applied.

Linked is my screen. I have applied the noted settings. That is where I am now.

Mo

#2 2019-01-26 08:52:16

mystamo

Re: 2k 1440 x 2560 screen issues on NanoDLP

I'm still up...

This sucks.

I really can't fathom this being a setup related issue. How can the screen display without any issues in the calibration screens.. Allow me to switch between the RED WHITE and Blank without any issues and any stoppage.. But then when it comes to printing. The momentary image.

I'm not getting the momentary image anymore. which has me thinking it may be somewhat setting related. As now I've iterated through 100 settings. But I just think it's a combo of a bug an a very sensitive 1440 2560 screen.

Help would be sooooo appreciated.

Sleep time. It's almost 4am.

Mo

#3 2019-01-26 10:38:03

mystamo

This will keep me up all night.

I've attached my debug nanodlp.debug.282235049.zip

Also, i'm coming back to thinking more a Nanodlp issue?  Why if once I open the view stream I can switch between other drawings but the clear screen command during printing seem to be keeping the screen black?

I tried an assortment of new stl files and tried different scales. I was thinking maybe bigger images on the screen would yield different results. Wasn't the case.

My other research of people having this similar issue is they gave up or didn't post their solution.

Mo

#4 2019-01-26 11:21:38

mystamo

OK OK... Now i'm coming off like i'm crazy.. Yeah.. It's 6AM .. I'm CRAZY

I fixed it.. Shahin.. Now I'm nearly certain this is somehow NanoDLP related.

The solution was going back to the original image that I started my NanoDLP build off from the main page Pi image download link.

This is Build 1819.. It works without any issues. Each frame coming onto the screen. Motors working. Endstops working. IRL44 (Logic Level Fet) Used to drive LED array.

God. I need Sleep..

Shahin.. Tomorrow.. or this week. I'll give you a hand doing some tests to figure out what is wrong with the newer builds when it comes to HDMI sync with prints.

Gah, I need sleep.. First Test print tomorrow (Once I'm up!) I've already tested exposure times on the LCD screen using some extra FEP things look promising

Mo

#5 2019-01-27 05:26:15

Shahin
Administrator

Not much changed on nanodlp side which could cause kind of issue. I suspect gpu firmware bug. If you are switching between SD card images. Try upgrade raspberry pi firmware on newer SD image see if it fixed the issue or not.
Recently I have seen some strange issues caused by firmware on pi.

#6 2019-01-27 14:57:51

mystamo

Thanks for the reply Shahin.

This is sort of new to me. I didn't realize.. I mean. I should have realized that the Pi has a built in Bootloader (Firmware)

I was under the incorrect assumption that the image loaded onto the SD card was the Bootloader/firmware and didn't realize there is a small part of code needed on the Pi sort of as a BIOS code for reading code and executing it.

But I'm unfamiliar to the process of updating that bit of code.

I'll do some research today to see if I can update the pi to the latest firmware image.

I'll report back my findings.

As far as I see it now. There is a bug somewhere that is software dependant and non dependant at this point on how I have my hardware setup.

1819 works 1939 doesn't

Mo

#7 2019-01-28 20:10:30

mystamo

Shahin wrote:

Not much changed on nanodlp side which could cause kind of issue. I suspect gpu firmware bug. If you are switching between SD card images. Try upgrade raspberry pi firmware on newer SD image see if it fixed the issue or not.
Recently I have seen some strange issues caused by firmware on pi.

Thanks Shahin,

You were damn right correct.

All... If you face issues. Remember to update your Pi firmware. (This is essentially the bit of code that tells the Pi how to do anything including reading the SD card to run your nanodlp software)

Procedure to upgrade:

1. Go on the Pi main site and get a copy of Raspbian. (The edition with software and desktop)
2. Copy to a memory card using winimage32
3. Run Raspbian
4. Go to terminal(use desktop icon)
4. Run command "sudo apt-get update"
5. Run command "sudo apt-get upgrade"

6. Reboot Pi

7. Load NanoDLP back
8. Enjoy 2K video on your 5.5 Inch China HDMI to MIPI LCD.

Thanks for the support Shahin.

Mo

Edit.. There may be an easier way to do this.. But this is what I did and it worked.. Better this than an internet of hopeless dreams and lack of answers leading to all all nighter and an angry wife.

Last edited by mystamo (2019-01-28 20:12:25)

Board footer