You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-30 21:09:27

macdarren

Print Verification Step

I would like to add a simple way to set a High lift at some z point or layer.

The idea is to have a place say 2mm where the printer does a long pull out so that one can see
the build plate and verify adhesion and general function.  I twice now have set the printer going for
a multi hour print only to find that the print detached early on and never built much of anything except
on the tank bottom.  Had I been able to see it early in the process I could have stopped after 5 minutes and
restarted correcting the issue.  This is not a big problem but prints take so long that I typically leave
the printer going over night or while I am out....were I around I would have caught it after the platform became visible
after say the first 20mm or so but still that is a long time to wait.  Since I am using a Phrozen printer
and I haven't wanted to change the onboard nanoDLP yet I can't easily add a pause and lift button.
I could I imagine write a script in the Dynamic lift area (if some one has one they might share that would
be great) to do something similar, however that leads to my second request...

Can I get nanoDLP to play a sound or better yet send an email or text at some point using
dynamic scripts and maybe also at print completion?  I there is that simple sound effect
which works if I happen to be closely monitoring but email or text would be better.
I think I saw something about adding that in the forum but again required updates
to the Pi which until I am sure about how that will affect things it would be nice
if it was built in and of course then propagated thru the vendors that embed nanoDLP.

Thanks for all the work that goes into NanoDLP...I am hoping by choosing printers
with it embedded I am helping to support it in some small way.

Darren

#2 2018-12-01 19:46:50

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Print Verification Step

You can use jump layer to change lifts automatically, also using conditionals on gcode boxes you can achieve it.

Second feature is also available through Exec keyword.

#3 2019-10-27 17:30:47

3Simplex

Re: Print Verification Step

Have you found a solution to check the print progress? I have had similar results I would have liked to abandon the print.

Board footer