You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-24 02:50:33

headzombie

Swapping printers?

Hey folks!

I have been using a D7 with nanodlp for a year or so. I purchased a second D7, but have not yet bought a second pi. So to test it I hooked it up to the existing pi that runs my current D7. It will drive the plate up and down and display on the LCD if I do a projector calibration. However it sits idle when I start a print if the printer is floored. If the printer is not floored it floors and then idles.
I, I guess naively, thought since the printer hardware was essentially the same that I should be able to swap them out and either would work. Apparently not. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

#2 2018-11-24 03:47:28

headzombie

Re: Swapping printers?

In addition to the above, I shouldn't try and explain a problem while frustrated with it:
The printer does not work with existing plates. A regenerate action does not fix it. I have to hunt the STL file down and create a plate from scratch. That's cool and all but I have hundreds of plates and I would rather not have to recreate them all for each printer. (I have a third coming as well!)
Thanks.

#3 2018-12-01 20:21:07

Shahin
Administrator

The first problem is firmware related you need nanodlp compatible firmware to be installed on RAMPS.
The second problem probably caused by uploading sliced files and not STL. So rpi does not original source to do regenerate.`

#4 2018-12-02 09:34:22

MaxJewels

headzombie wrote:

In addition to the above, I shouldn't try and explain a problem while frustrated with it:
The printer does not work with existing plates. A regenerate action does not fix it. I have to hunt the STL file down and create a plate from scratch. That's cool and all but I have hundreds of plates and I would rather not have to recreate them all for each printer. (I have a third coming as well!)
Thanks.

It is possible to clone the same Nanodlp on different D7 provided they have the same firmware. I have tested it on many printers, and different versions, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5

#5 2018-12-02 19:59:10

headzombie

Hey guys! Both printers have the same firmware.
I followed the instructions at this link both times, and still had the downloaded files on my PC, so used the same source for both:
https://3dprinterwiki.info/wiki/wanhao- … ll-option/

What is the best way to clone from one to the other?

Board footer