You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-16 14:35:19

Dylan144GT

Official Raspberry Pi 7" LCD on DSI Interface

Hi Shahin,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I would like to open it again because the RPi Foundation has decided to natively implement a 2nd frame buffer for displays. This means that it is possible to run both an HDMI display and DSI display simultaneously and hence we can reach the holy grail of a decent resolution touch interface (no offence to the Nextion display meant, but the resistive touch is just not a great experience). I know it has not made it into the release candidate yet, but I think this would be a great beta application and some useful feed back could be contributed to the RPi Foundation.

I personally run a RPi 3 to control my printer and a RPi 2 in kiosk mode as a web interface into the RPi 3. I think this is a waste of resources now that the second frame buffer is being implemented. If it is not too much to implement, can we look at possibly implementing this?

My Linux software skills are limited, but I could be a tester if needed - I have all the necessary equipment.

Kind regards,

Dylan

#2 2018-11-17 09:07:56

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Official Raspberry Pi 7" LCD on DSI Interface

We are currently supporting framebuffer, but as we do not use x11, it will not be an easy task to render gui and write it to framebuffer.

Board footer