You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-03 12:05:03

david

Layer exposure power and time through Gcode

Hi,

I'm planning a smart UV LED source for the LCD type 3D printer. It is a self controlled system to regulate the temperature, compensate LED aging temperature drifting, etc.

I think it can be connect paralleled with the current Marlin or GBRL serial port, and it will take certain M code and ignore the others.

Ideally for it to work with nanoDLP, is it possible to add two extra Gcode variables? such as,

[[LayerTime]] The current layer exposure time in ms
[[UVPower]] UV source power in terms of 0~100 (%)

The Gcode example would be,

M901 S[[UVPower]]  ; set the UV power
M902 S[[LayerTime]] ; turn the UV on for [[LayerTime]] ms

Many thanks for your support in advance.

Regards,

David

#2 2018-11-03 18:29:38

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Layer exposure power and time through Gcode

How UVPower should get calculated?

#3 2018-11-03 20:43:09

david

Probably by default, the UVPower is set to 100 (100%). I'm wondering if there is any case the UVPower should be lowered, for example, the VAT is over heated, or the resin is very sensitive and the user simply wants to print slower, or any case related to the UV power control of the nanoDLP. By all means, in order to control the exposure energy, either the time and the power can be variable. So maybe the UVPower can be ignored until there is clear need for it. Or maybe just an advanced GUI option for the percentage of the UV output power.

PS. the UVPower concept is simply from the DIM or PWM pin of the LED driver circuit.

#4 2018-11-04 01:35:23

Shahin
Administrator

No issue with adding mentioned inputs. Let me know when your prototype ready and require these options.

#5 2018-11-05 00:07:42

david

Thanks for your reply. That's a green light for me to build the prototype. I'll make one in two weeks time and maybe another one or two weeks for close door test. The integration with nanoDLP trail shall happen in a month.

Board footer