You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-21 06:48:36

SergeantSeven

Shutter open and image display delay time

Hello,

Hoping this isn't a duplicate request.

I have a wanhao D7. This uses an LED module to cast UV on to an LCD.
The issue currently is that NanoDLP is set up primarily for a projector system. There is a significant delay between when the LED module is lit to when the screen displays the image. during this time the LED light is on and the energy is being wasted while the LCD takes on unnecessary wear from the UV light on the pixels.
This is because of how the D7 is set up in NanoDLP and how NanoDLP handles shutter.

Currently the Wanhao D7 uses G-code to toggle the LED using M106 S255 and M107 respectively. These are put in the shutter open and shutter close gcode sections under setup. The shutter section has an option for when to open the shutter (and send the shutter gcode) but only gives the option of either at the start of the entire print (keeping the LED on constantly) or just before the layer start gcode (turns on the LED but then send the layer start gcode before actual layer display.) which causes the delay since the D7 needs to lower the plate and wait until it reaches layer set height. The same happens in reverse at the layer end and shutter close.

What I propose is that there be an additional option to allow shutter to be opened after the layer start gcode and closed before the layer end gcode for LCD printers. Or possibly allow some way for the LED gcode to be added to the layer start gcode and layer end gcode.

I did try to add M106 S255 to the layer start gcode section in the resin profile just after layer height set and M107 to the layer end gcode just before the lift gcode. but this did not function at all, instead the led never came on and skipped through the set cure times. it just did the lift and wait and drop to layer height without waiting to cure and with no seeming trigger of the LED.

I am open to recommendations to try out.

Screenshots of my setup and resin profile for reference:
FYI, the M106 P1 and M107 P1 is for the cooling fans on the LED and the controller board.
hAc2pra.png1Hqqkiy.png

#2 2018-09-22 20:01:48

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Shutter open and image display delay time

You shall get same wanted effect by adding shutter gcodes to before layer and after layer. It must works on any gcode box.

Board footer