You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-24 21:40:51

mattcaron
Website

If you change the profile applied to a plate, you can no longer print

Version: mUVe3D build 977

Bug:

When changing the profile applied to a plate, it doesn't regenerate the plates and is unprintable. The only solution is to delete the plate and re-upload it.

Expected behavior:

It would kick off a regeneration of the plate similar to what happens when it is freshly uploaded.

Notes:

There is a warning that you can't change the resolution for existing plates. However, that's not what happened in this case - ALL parameters were the same except the "after layer" GCode sent to the printer (I was testing old movement vs. new movement). Since the resolution hadn't changed, I would have expected this to just be instantaneously applied, since the GCode is generated on the fly.

An alternate approach here (perhaps as a stopgap) is, since none of it currently works:
1. Remove the "you can't change the resolution" warning.
2. Change the profile in the plate screen to not be a drop down, but rather be a fixed, unchangeable field.

#2 2016-02-24 22:12:34

Shahin
Administrator

Re: If you change the profile applied to a plate, you can no longer print

I have fixed the bug. Now changing plate's profile will effect print configuration.

SLC files could be huge, to preserve space, the program delete SLC/SVG files after converting all layers.

#3 2016-02-25 13:28:10

mattcaron
Website

Excellent, thank you Shahin!

Do I take your "SLC files could be huge" statement to mean that the "you can't change the resolution" limitation is still in effect, but that anything that doesn't affect resolution should now work?

#4 2016-02-25 18:30:50

Shahin
Administrator

Exactly, I have not updated online version. I am working on a big feature.

Board footer