You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-01 21:43:30

evilpolygon

Kudo3d Bean

i have purchased a Bean from kickstarter and would like to use nanodlp as my main software.

its a simple setup. rpi3 , mega and a ramps1.4(.2?). everything seems to be connected. the stepper motor work . the projector on off works. i have yet to replace my lcd. its in the mail. im sure it also works as the mipi driver board is acknowledge . nanodlp fully recognizes the printer. on off wifi. everything is hooked up to the ramps. it has a bypass that is connected to a24v kudo board . as i can see the wires go into d10 d9 as usual for the FDM setup. hot end etc.

my problem lies with the uv lights not turning on. the fans should also activate. as i am probably the first of the bean users to try nanodlp. im guessing its something to do with marlin. or possibly an easy gcode? im not sure. im new to 3d printing but have a good understanding of rpi and an arduino. Kudo atm has no support for nano nore do i think they are willing too.

the reason for intstalling nano is i would like to have more control over my printer with gcodes. im certain its something to do with marlin. could anyone direct me to a possible fix or have any idea where to point me to a better direction. thank you in advance

#2 2018-08-02 01:32:02

bigfilsing

Re: Kudo3d Bean

A lot of affordable resin printers including my KLH1260 use the gcode command M106 S255 for LED "ON" & M107 for "OFF" as the LED is attached to the ramps at D9 where the FDM part cooling fan would normally be attached

#3 2018-08-02 02:11:50

evilpolygon

fantastic . i will start from there .

#4 2018-08-02 21:14:30

bigfilsing

evilpolygon wrote:

fantastic . i will start from there .

just remember you will need an LED driver that operates at the Ramps 12 VDC

#5 2018-08-02 21:45:45

Phife

I have a Bean too, Ive heavily modified it, External Pi and touchscreen. Pis Wifi wont work well in the printer.

M106 and M107 are the correct commands, You also need to turn on the cooling fans. I think its M42 P10 S255, this changes the state of pin 10 (D10) to full power (S255) off is M42 P10 S0.

#6 2018-08-02 21:54:58

evilpolygon

awsome phife . hope we can help each other out. im lookong to support auto resin and a camera . and a passive cooling unit. on the pi you have to install raspian . kudo has turned off the feature . another reason could be the location of the rpi. irelocated it to the outer side. Could be the casing causing the problem.

#7 2018-08-03 00:25:23

bigfilsing

evilpolygon wrote:

awsome phife . hope we can help each other out. I'm looking to support auto resin and a camera . and a passive cooling unit. on the pi you have to install raspian . kudo has turned off the feature . another reason could be the location of the rpi. irelocated it to the outer side. Could be the casing causing the problem.

I have a Raspi 3  mounted ( in an alu case) on the back of my KLD1260 which works fine. In theory, a Pi Zero W should work as well. However, i have one running a Prusa Mk2S ( Octoprint) and it seems a little slower to respond than the Raspi 3. There are also the known issues with the camera / Octoprint/ PiZero combination.  This may not be an issue with NanoDLP as, to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't integrate a Pi camera

I seem to remember seeing a forum post where somebody had fitted an external antenna to a Raspi3 but i cant seem to find it at the moment. This would allow the Raspi to be mounted in an DLP printer enclosure and still have good Wifi connectivity

Last edited by bigfilsing (2018-08-03 00:26:13)

#8 2018-08-03 01:23:24

evilpolygon

bigfilsing great tips. i think i also saw that.  rpi3 does run a little slow esp in the weather we have now . i noticed a huge drop when i put a fan to it. or maybe the host machine needs more ram .

#9 2018-08-17 14:59:32

Chris

My Bean should be arriving very soon and I'll also want to run nanoDLP.  I have been working in R&D since 92, but mostly on process and equipment design and development (roll to roll thin film coatings mostly, high vacuum, temps,...) but am not a software guy apart from LAbview here and there, PLC ladder logic, proprietary controls software, etc. I plan on using the Bean w a laptop at first, but then want to do custom moves and waits coordinated with other motorized equipment. I assume I will do this w nanodlp directly with Raspberry pi 3. Where do you suggest I get started to learn more? I don't know anything about RAMPS, g code, grbl, etc. but have been getting up to speed by watching tutorials and reading forums and FB group posts. I can figure this stuff all out, but would love some advice on where to go to absorb what i need to connect to the bean etc. The raspberry pi site has lots of info so I'll start there, but not sure where else to get gcode, ramps, python etc. knowledge. Is learning gcode enough?

I'll probably use one or two linear slides and motors/control box from these guys

velmex.com/Downloads/User_Manuals/vxm_user_manl.pdf   (I can't post links, sorry)

and I assume I can solely use nanoDLP to start a print for x layers, pause, raise, send ascii code to the velmex to perform my action, wait until complete, lower and resume printing for x layers, repeat as needed,...

Wondering if the Bean boards can send these commands to the Velmex.  I can either initiate commands piecemeal or start programs stored on the velmex.  The velmex can also look for inputs to trigger things and send outputs, so low and high voltages from the rpi (or the ramps?) might be easier than sending codes.

Would love some advice on this approach and look forward to sharing what I learn to help others.

#10 2018-10-31 04:51:57

peirof

Hi,

I just received the printer, Kudo Bean3d, and I want to use it with Nano Dlp.
But I do not know how to configure NanoDlp, for the use of this printer.

At first, the use that would give to NanoDlp, would be the generation of supports and generate the Slices.

Depending on how the tests were given, I would value installing it in Raperry Pi.

I have looked at the configuration parameters, but there are a lot of them and I am not sure what values they should have ...

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

#11 2018-11-21 19:42:51

nnatsios

Hey guys!

Any progress on modding the bean with a working NanoDLP image?
I'd love if you could post a process on how to install nDLP on the Bean, since the stock firmware only provides basic functionality.

Thanks!

#12 2018-11-25 20:00:19

nnatsios

I did some work on fitting nanoDLP on the Bean.
I seem to have a problem on waiting between actions, the recommendations in the nanoDLP help and M400 don't work.
I posted in the kudo forums hoping to get an answer about the call I need to make to facilitate this but I was also wondering if anyone here could shed some light into this, since my knowledge on code, even as simple as g-code, is severely limited.

Unfortunately I cant post links so I can't point you to what I did, but you can search it in the Kudo forum easily enough.

#13 2018-12-01 20:10:29

Shahin
Administrator

Using Delay keyword you can put manual waits between actions

#14 2018-12-02 21:31:16

nnatsios

I figured as much, but I am allergic to timed actions, they leave too much room for error. I went ahead and patched the firmware to post z_move_comp on all necessary gcodes and created machine and resin profiles to get everyone up and running as easily as possible. You could take a look and even create a default distro for the bean if everything checks out.
Here is the mod zip:

Edit: the first package did not include the config.txt with appropriate LCD timings, this one does:
nanoBean-181202b.zip

Last edited by nnatsios (2018-12-03 09:55:06)

Board footer