You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-27 19:16:04

psneddon2

NanoDLP with D7 and MAC/Windows

I have installed the MAC version of NanoDLP on my computer. When the program is launched a terminal window opens and seems to initialize and just sits there open with the last line stating "Terminal Reader Activated".

I then go to the NanoDLP dashboard and I am able to see the online web-based NanoDLP dashboard ok.

I hook up my USB cable and HDMI cable directly to my Wanhao D7 ant turn the unit on, however I can't connect to it. I go to my display settings on my computer and the dual display option doesn't come up at all. Trying to show the calibration grid on the D7 does nothing.

I thought I could run the D7 directly through my MAC using the online dashboard. Am I supposed to use a raspberry pi as a go-between from my MAC to my D7 printer?

I tried running the NanoDLP program on my work Windows computer and get the same results when using a dual monitor - my dual monitor is set as an extension to my desktop - when I try to project the calibration grid from the online NanoDLP site nothing happens.

Last edited by psneddon2 (2018-07-27 19:20:37)

#2 2018-07-30 03:04:00

Shahin
Administrator

Re: NanoDLP with D7 and MAC/Windows

Your OS must detect second display before using that. Probably it is cable or LCD issue.

#3 2018-07-31 16:37:25

psneddon2

Re: NanoDLP with D7 and MAC/Windows

Shahin,

Thank you for the reply. I thought it was the HDMI cable as well. Tried another one, but still wasn't getting any image on the display. Was afraid it might have been the LCD screen - purchased it used where the seller was running it off of his raspberry pi and controlling it with his phone - was working fine at the time.

Downloaded the Wanhao D7 hex file (version 1.3) and reloaded the firmware through CURA from a Windows computer and now everything seems to be working using CreationWorkshop via windows computer. Haven't tried it again with the MAC yet. I've been putting off trying a test/calibration print until I have more than a couple of hours to fiddle with it. Spent a few days cleaning the resin from everything and replacing the FEP sheet. Hopefully, this weekend I can get it printing. smile

Board footer