You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-11 21:53:49

mcrocker

How to Paint MakerJuice G+ Parts

I printed a Groot for a friend in White MakerJuice G+ and she wants to know what paint to use.

Searching the web finds all sorts of information on how to paint PLA, ABS, PETG and so-on, but advice on how to paint SLA created parts are somewhat scarce and inconsistent. I assume that 'acrylate ester' is the primary content of a finished part and that's an acrylic. Should she be using an acrylic paint or avoiding it? Are other paints, such as epoxy better to use. For a Groot, she'd probably want a matte finish, so I'd assume epoxy paint is not a good match.

There's a good FormLabs page on printing, but they're not clear on what material their resin produces, so I don't know if any of their advice applies.

Suggestions?

#2 2018-06-12 23:28:42

mcrocker

Re: How to Paint MakerJuice G+ Parts

Oh no! Please ignore this question. I posted this in the wrong forum.

This is not really an appropriate question for nanoDLP forums at all. I got my short-cuts mixed up and had intended to post this in the mUVe 3D forum. Sorry for adding noise to everybody's signal.

However, since this is now on the inter-tubes, and people may find it... I did get an answer from MakerJuice... acrylic paint is, indeed, appropriate for this resin.

Board footer