You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-07 01:20:01

mcrocker

Purple Infill instead of honeycomb or black

I had the infill working, but after I re-calibrated for projector adjustments, the images in the slices show the insides of the slices as purple instead of the honeycomb I expected. I tried again with the infill set to hollow, but where I expected to see black, it was purple! Sure there was a nice solid white border on the outside walls, but purple colored in the center.

I had this problem when I first tried to use infill because I misinterpreted what the settings meant and the infill pattern was too small. Once I set them so the honeycomb was bigger than the pixels, it worked fine. However, I had not changed the settings on infill, from what I had before. All I changed, that I'm sure of, was just the resolution of the printer under settings.

Note the purple color was on the nanoDLP layer view. I haven't actually done a dry run to see if the projector on my mUVe 3D DLP UltiPro 4K tries to project a purple image.

Suggestions?

#2 2018-06-07 05:36:34

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Purple Infill instead of honeycomb or black

Purple means layers still not ready you should wait until whole effect apply to them. If you check it after while, should see honeycomp structure.

#3 2018-06-07 06:10:31

mcrocker

Thanks for your response.

I also thought it might be something like that, but I waited over night and it was still purple.

Also, the processing progress bar has progressed all the way to the end and the bar has disappeared. In addition there's a "Slicing operation has been completed" entry in the log. I have also used the shift-reload on the browser to ensure it has not cached the images.

I installed the latest version on my laptop a week ago, so I fired that one up and got the same results. In addition, opened the slice images in the file system and looked at it using an independent image viewing  tool and found that the image really was purple in the middle.

Just to make sure, I changed the pixel dimming from checkered to homogeneous  and back between subsequent regenerate runs just to be sure that the image really is being re-generated between runs. I have switched to a remote slicer just to speed things up though. As far as I know, this should not affect anything.

#4 2018-06-07 23:37:42

Shahin
Administrator

Please, share a debug file so I could try reproduce the issue locally.

#5 2018-06-07 23:59:26

mcrocker

Is there a debug flag I need to set on start-up or is this created automatically? Also, I assume it's the log on the remote slicer you want rather than the Raspberry Pi?

#6 2018-06-08 02:31:42

mcrocker

I'm not sure if there's a debug flag to turn on, or where this log file might be, but from what I see of other people's comments with zipped log files, I think it's the console output you want. I don't see anything there that looks like it sheds much light on the problem, but here's what I have from a run that generates purple infill.

nanoDLPConsole.zip

Thanks for your help.

#7 2018-06-08 07:39:15

Shahin
Administrator

Please share a debug file from both side after slicing get completes (setup page/tools tab/debug button)

#8 2018-06-08 07:46:57

mcrocker

Solved!!!

After much experimentation, it turns out to be the barrel corrections!

"BarrelFactor": 0.01,
    "BarrelX": 1920,
    "BarrelY": 1620,

On a 4K DLP I was getting a bit of an outwards bend on the right side of the test pattern. With no documentation that I could find, I played around with the barrel factor settings until I got it fixed on the calibration page. So, I entered those values into the setup page.

When I reset these values to 0's, slicing works just fine. When I put them back, purple rules the day. Since the barrel distortion was pretty small (about 2 mm beyond the right edge of a 173mm x 97mm / 3840px x 2160px calibration sheet), I can probably live without it for now.

#9 2018-06-16 06:07:17

Shahin
Administrator

Thank you will try to fix the issue.

#10 2018-06-30 03:02:52

Shahin
Administrator

Please, try the beta version see if it fixes the issue. I guess the beta version has sync issue will try to push fix. Just try it to see if you get pink pixel or not.

Board footer