You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-06 15:36:35

geneb

Trying to get up to speed...

I'm working on writing a user guide for nanoDLP and I'm very new to SLA printing. smile

In the Printer Profiles page, there's a set of parameters for "Burn-in Layers".  Are these settings used when printing the first layers?

Are the "Wait After" fields used in order to allow the resin in the vat to settle?  If not, what are they used for?
Is the Wait Before Print and Wait After Print parameters describing the time delay where the projector is NOT exposing the resin?

What's the Mask File used for?  Where would a person obtain one? (if you create them yourself, where is this process outlined?)

In the Motor Speed section, it has "Slow Section" parameters.  I take it this is analogous to the slower speeds used by FDM printers when printing the first few layers?

What is Jump After Number of Layers used for?  Does Number of Low Quality Layers indicate the number of times to execute this "jump" layer process?

Thanks all!

g.

#2 2016-07-06 20:56:28

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Trying to get up to speed...

geneb wrote:

I'm working on writing a user guide for nanoDLP and I'm very new to SLA printing. smile

Great!

geneb wrote:

In the Printer Profiles page, there's a set of parameters for "Burn-in Layers".  Are these settings used when printing the first layers?

Yes

geneb wrote:

Are the "Wait After" fields used in order to allow the resin in the vat to settle?  If not, what are they used for?

Giving sometime to PDMS to recover, also suddenly changing movement in reverse direction, in my experience create more powerful resin waves which could move delicate pieces around.

geneb wrote:

Is the Wait Before Print and Wait After Print parameters describing the time delay where the projector is NOT exposing the resin?

Yes

geneb wrote:

What's the Mask File used for?  Where would a person obtain one? (if you create them yourself, where is this process outlined?)

To even-out light on plates and fix optical problem. You can find couple of related posts on the forum.

geneb wrote:

In the Motor Speed section, it has "Slow Section" parameters.  I take it this is analogous to the slower speeds used by FDM printers when printing the first few layers?

Yes, and it depends on resin level setting.

geneb wrote:

What is Jump After Number of Layers used for?  Does Number of Low Quality Layers indicate the number of times to execute this "jump" layer process?

Eg. Lets say a plate's z-axis resolution is 25micron and instead of printing 10 first layers with 25micron quality to speed up process it will enable to print 5 layers instead of 10 layers but each in 50 micron.

#3 2016-07-07 00:15:38

geneb

Re: Trying to get up to speed...

Thanks Shahin, that helps a lot!

g.

Board footer