You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-16 16:10:14

torels

WebUI over wifi is SLOW when the printer is on

Hello!
As the title says, my WebUi gets very very slow, to the point where it gets unresponsive or unuseable, but only when the printer is on, and not at all times anyway.
I'm using a Wanhao D7
The Pi itself seems responsive as the printer keeps going with no issues.

If I boot without the printer being connected and running it usually runs very smooth.

I thought of some serial communication problem at first and changed USB/Serial cable, flashed the Pi and the Printer's FW over again, but I had no improvement whatsoever. I'm blaming it on the WiFi.

Can it be due to some power supply issue (ie. not enough amps provided by the supply), where the printer is sucking up too much current and the onboard wifi chip can't handle it's stuff? I read the wifi chips need a stable voltage to run trouble-free.
Does anybody have any troubleshooting suggestions? Similar experiences?

#2 2018-05-17 04:39:22

Shahin
Administrator

Re: WebUI over wifi is SLOW when the printer is on

Make sure you are using latest build. Power supply could be culprit specially if you are not doing slicing you should not feel any slow down. Also check system statistics on dashboard if cpu usage high or not. Maybe it gives some clues about what is wrong.

#3 2018-05-22 14:37:36

torels

Ok, this needs a deeper verification, but apparently it was only depending on the fact that the Pi was too far away from the router (~ 7m with some thick walls leaving air in a Z-shaped pattern)

I'm believing it's RAMPS/Arduino that were sucking up just enough current to interfere with the chip, which was already struggling with poor a wifi signal.

Will add a solved tag on further assessments I will make this week smile

#4 2018-05-23 02:51:12

Shahin
Administrator

If you think it is distance and barrier issue, check packet loss on your wireless interface.

Board footer