You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-09 18:28:51

Greg209

Preview state of burn-in layers?

My 3D printer is all setup but I'm struggling with lots of failed (and a few successful) prints due to one reason or another, but mainly not sticking to the build plate (a bottom-up) printer.

Is there a way to kind of interrupt the print after the first few burn in layers to move up, out of the resin and take a camera snapshot to see that the layers have stuck, and then to resume the print. It's a long shot but it would be great to be able to see that the print is working/not working within the first few minutes rather than waiting a few hours before I can tell either way. Obviously it wouldn't be a guaranteed successful print but it's quite depressing after a few hours to only find road-kill on the vat floor.

Something like, After Layer <n>, Exec Up 50mm, Exec camera, Exec Down 50mm, Continue....

I think I'm being hopeful but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Greg

#2 2018-05-10 07:44:30

miserovitch

Re: Preview state of burn-in layers?

+1 would be great.

Even if there is possibility to add a button to suspend the print, lift Z, we check visualy if printing is ok and then restart printing.
So far I am waiting for Z plate to be higher than vat to check if printing is going on properly.

LC

#3 2018-05-10 15:35:58

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Preview state of burn-in layers?

You can use pause the printer (pause button on dashboard) lift the axis and inspect or take photo. Please, let me know if there is any issue related  to pause function.

Board footer