You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-25 18:32:11

jneilon

Anyway to start print at a different level and still have burn in time

Same as the title. Anyway of doing this? Does the resume function just resume a print but not start a print at that level allowing for burn in time?
I am finding half my prints are messed at the first level since I use b9creators software to generate supports. Sometimes the supports poke through the bottom and I don't notice causing the print to have the first few layers blank..

Bonus question. Is there a way to edit the svg after it's sliced to remove the first couple layers or edit? I noticed in adobe illustrator it comes in as layers. Can I just delete layers and resave and it will work or do I need to rename the layers? I suppose I should experiment.

Last edited by jneilon (2016-06-25 18:40:20)

#2 2016-06-25 19:05:41

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Anyway to start print at a different level and still have burn in time

I guess you are uploading STL files not SVG, am I right?

We need to start slicing a little bit higher (does not know by how much) to bypass B9 support issue, I will try to fix it soon.

By the way if you have any STL/SVG file with the issue it could be helpful.

#3 2016-06-25 19:23:42

jneilon

Hi Shahin,
I am using Slic3r to generate the SVG but Slic3r appears to use the model's lowest zero point instead of the stl's zero. So I am uploading a SVG to NanoDLP.
I am not sure if nanoDLP slices the models at 0 point or if it uses the lowest point as zero. I haven't tried it since the model I am using has a high poly count.

I can PM you the model or svg.

#4 2016-06-25 20:36:34

Shahin
Administrator

SVG format contains per layer info. So it is something which need to be handled on slic3r, my guess it should have necessary options to solve your issue as I never heard such problem before.

#5 2016-06-25 20:42:08

jneilon

Thanks I will ask in the Slic3r forum. I do not see any options for that. It would be great feature if NanoDLP had a "start at layer" feature.
Even some of my models that are a bit skewed at the base by a very small amount could benefit from starting at layer 1 or 2 then layer 0...

Board footer