You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-09 10:37:00

Rocky

Variable layer thickness printing

Hello,
I was trying nanoDLP not so long ago and it's great! with impressive support over this forum. I was trying to achieve variable slicing with printing slices in different layer thicknesses, which doesn't seem achievable over NanoDLP. I could mathematically change the layer thickness in resin profile but that's not what I intend to implement.
So I've tried using VariSlice which seems to do the trick, but now we need to print the slices each one using it's corresponding layer thickness. Can we, somehow, rename the slice with layer thickness, for instance: 4-30.png meaning that slice number 4 is of thickness 30, and then we send the slices in a zip file. Before printing each slice, NanoDLP will parse the name and change the [[LayerThickness]] variable to corresponding layer thickness, in this case, microns.

#2 2018-04-09 13:24:53

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Variable layer thickness printing

Finding correct/homogeneous cure time for different layer thickness will be challenge. I have this feature on my roadmap so variable slicing or printing will be possible.

Right now you can use skip layer keyword and external calls to print variable sliced plate to see if the end result is acceptable.

Board footer