You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-07 01:03:15

Mashaccny

Stepper motor won't run

Hi

I am having a problem with my stepper motor. I have nano dlp running smoothly, it slices the STL file and shows it on the LCD screen. But when it comes to moving the stepper motor, the code runs but the stepper motor doesn't move. The stepper motor doesn't move at all at any time before, during, or after printing.

The set up I have is Rpi connected to arduino ATMega where the RAMPS board is connected to. I am not using GRBL instead I am using a D7 patched firmware.

I would really appreciate your help!

#2 2018-04-07 05:53:45

bigfilsing

Re: Stepper motor won't run

The first thing i would try ( before anything else)is in Nano DLP, go to terminal window and type "G28"  then click the "send gcode" onscreen button. This should cause the stepper to home the Z axis until it hits the endstop switch.  Many control boards/firmware need the Z axis to be homed at least once before any further movement can be done.
Good luck

#3 2018-04-07 15:08:59

Mashaccny

bigfilsing wrote:

The first thing i would try ( before anything else)is in Nano DLP, go to terminal window and type "G28"  then click the "send gcode" onscreen button. This should cause the stepper to home the Z axis until it hits the endstop switch.  Many control boards/firmware need the Z axis to be homed at least once before any further movement can be done.
Good luck

The thing is that any commands we put in terminal window or any z-axis calibration buttons we push - it all seems to 'go through' and seems to be received  by the mega+ RAMPS unit. However, no movement occurs. We even do not have any fans attached, and the program says things like 'fan on' etc for example.
There might be some type of communication problem I suppose? But I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas? Maybe the RAMPS is no good?
Thank you!

#4 2018-04-08 06:17:14

bigfilsing

there is a very small arduino sketch to test the ramps . It basically runs all the steppers backwards and forwards and switches the heaters on and off.

http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMPS1.4_TestCode.pde

AT least then you will know if the ramps can run the stepper motors

#5 2018-04-08 13:41:20

Mashaccny

bigfilsing wrote:

there is a very small arduino sketch to test the ramps . It basically runs all the steppers backwards and forwards and switches the heaters on and off.

http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMPS1.4_TestCode.pde

AT least then you will know if the ramps can run the stepper motors

Thanks a lot, will try it tonight!

Board footer