You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 19:07:11

tsharris

Lost connection to Nanodlp after binding printer motor.

Hello All,
This is on a Muve 3D Maker X.

Here's the situation. I had a small piece of a calibration plate fall into the vat. I forgot to get it out of the vat. I told the printer to home the z axis and walked out of the room before it homed itself. When I came back I could see that the build plate was not square with the vat and I had lost connection to the printer through NanoDlp. I'm assuming a motor fought the obstruction and shutdown? Hopefully shutdown and didn't burn something out,... new to this.

I have the build plate re homed and the end stop reset. For some reason now my connection to Nanodlp is refused thru my desktop, tablet, and phone.

I can't be the first to do this.

How do I get into Nanodlp to shut it down, reset it, etc?

Would software get corrupted?

Is the ramps board, Arduino unprotected from a mechanical stoppage of a motor?

Todd

#2 2018-03-16 20:30:16

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Lost connection to Nanodlp after binding printer motor.

Usually stepper motors should not get harmed this way. I am not sure what could be a problem, try disconnect and reconnect power to your printer see if it is working or not. Maybe IP change make it inaccessible.

#3 2018-03-16 21:11:27

tsharris

Hell Shahin,
Thanks for the quick reply.

First off I'm an artist and a complete noob at this. I'm starting to think Nanodlp is stuck in a loop. When I try to log into it via a web browser it refuses the connection. If I try over and over I can access it, and see some of my plates and resin profiles then it disconnects. I can SSH into it with Putty but your   "sudo killall printer" doesn't change anything. I tried to reinstall muve 3d's version of your software and re'install the Muve 3D marlin firmware and it still won't connect. I've shut it all down and removed the SD card and HDMI cable from the RPi. Still nothing. I used Putty to SSH in and typed cd /home/pi/printer and then sudo ./printer and a lot of code comes up, none of which I understand, so I think the RPi, Nanodlp, and the Ramps are doing something I just don't know how to stop the process or get back in.

I'm starting to think the program crashed while I was letting a plate process and changing the settings for pixel dimming on one of my resin profiles.

Did any of that make sense?

My IP address is static and Advanced IP Scanner sees my RPi with the correct address.

Todd

#4 2018-03-16 21:13:13

tsharris

Whoops that should have said "Hello Shahin"

#5 2018-03-17 00:53:25

tsharris

I re installed Muve 3d version of Nanodlp. I think the program glitched and I didn't know how to force it to stop, didn't know how to jerk it's chain so I just re installed. Seems to be working.

Todd

Board footer