You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-05 02:21:56

backXslash

Question About Over Curing

I'm having trouble dialing in my cure times.

Any advice? A guide maybe? I'm getting a bulging of flat surfaces. I use MeshMixer to generate supports, then import the supported STL into Stomp and export SLC sliced files which are then uploaded to NanoDLP. That workflow has been working beautifully, but MeshMixer tends to add a bunch of larger round flats to the bottom of the supports, and these tend to cluster into a large flat blob.

That blob seems to be bulging up toward the middle, as in the middle is thicker than the edges. Any idea why that may be? Is it a cure time issue? Or a Z-height issue? Or even an issue with resin not draining and leveling fast enough?

Any advice would be welcome.

#2 2016-06-06 13:51:08

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Question About Over Curing

After burn-in layers you should have very flat and leveled surface. If it is not the case, based on my experience couple of things could be the problem.

1. Low burn-in layer cure time. Increase cure time for burn-in layers.
2. Platform material is not very suitable for the resin type. Improve stickiness of the platform.
3. Too much vacuum force, slow down speed on early layers. Put some holes on platform. Change your resin to something with lower viscosity.

Photos could help find the real cause.

#3 2016-06-06 15:01:39

backXslash

Re: Question About Over Curing

Here is the build log for the current platform. It's sanded, perforated aluminum. I don't have sticking issues, in fact, I kind of have trouble getting parts OFF the platform when I'm done with them.

I'll grab pictures of the bulging prints here in a few.

Board footer