You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-19 16:06:07

macdarren

GUI tweaks...

I suggest Fixing calculated long floating point numbers to 2 - 4 decimal places.  knowing the cure times beyond milliseconds is probably not very useful.

I like the colored bar on the status page which I guess represents the various steps during each layer...
However I often find that it overlaps other areas on the screen....

Also it would be cool if there was could be some sort of progress indicator to show which step was being performed...like greying out completed
parts or a simple cursor box that moved over the color bar as the printer moved or some sort of hilite to show each step as it happened....
Maybe this would be hard with RAMPs systems to be completely accurate but if it tracked ramps responses or even just approximated based on time
it should still be nice.

#2 2018-01-19 21:28:48

Shahin
Administrator

Re: GUI tweaks...

Could you provide sample of colored bar overlapping other part of the screen.

#3 2018-01-19 22:34:31

macdarren

Next time I see it I will try take a screenshot and post it for you to see.

I am not sure where exactly I this has happened as I monitor my print from several different devices with various OSes (that's one of the great things about nanoDLP but I also imagine this makes working out GUI details something of a pain).

#4 2018-01-25 01:46:28

macdarren

link to screenshot showing overlap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfo10p41lcijj … 7.jpg?dl=0

#5 2018-01-26 08:11:31

Shahin
Administrator

Thank you for the screenshot. Could you give more information about display and browser you are using as I could not reproduce the issue.

About cure time resolution, I agree with you but in reality even we get requests from manufacturer to increase resolution to 7 decimal or more too frequently.

Regarding progress indicator, you mean we show printer progress per layer? or piece get printer?
Actually if you mean printer progress per layer, it could be quite good change, as we can hide current action section from dashboard and display simple steps.

I guess you mean something like below but in more visual way. Right?

Move to the layer - [Wait before layer] - Cure layer - wait after print - move to stop position - wait at stop position
Move to the layer - Wait before layer - [Cure layer] - wait after print - move to stop position - wait at stop position
Move to the layer - Wait before layer - Cure layer - [wait after print] - move to stop position - wait at stop position

#6 2018-01-27 00:15:38

macdarren

I have seen this on both my 10 inch iPad using Firefox, and on my Macintosh machines running the latest Safari
On the computer tweaking the window size or just reloading the window seems to realign things.

yes....basically just like that.....:)

Board footer