You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-17 08:26:46

macdarren

request search parameter stick until cleared.

I have nearly 100 plates I keep on my nanoDLP pi....several different projects...named using keywords.

I requested and most happily got the plate search box as a workable substitute for a layered file system for plates, however I would now like change a bit how it works...

Specifically I would find it much more useful if entries in the search box remain across page (tab) changes and after printing etc.
I would prefer to have to manually clear the search or better have a clear button to clear the search parameters otherwise they remain in effect.
Alternately or additionally having the search keyword be always present unless cleared or changed and a check box to enable or disable the search...

Thanks
Darren

#2 2018-01-17 22:25:32

macdarren

Re: request search parameter stick until cleared.

Additional request would to maybe make the search parameters 'case insensitive" maybe with a switch as I know some that use case as meaningful information.
Have had a few times where I could not find something because I failed to realize it had a capital letter mixed into a name.

Again not a big deal just food for thought.

#3 2018-01-18 23:51:49

Shahin
Administrator

Making input value persistence for search box will create confusion. But I have applied second modification for case insensitive search.

#4 2018-01-19 00:06:05

macdarren

Thanks for the case modifier...

Do you think a "show selected" check box would be confusing?  If selected the search is used if not search is not used and all plates are shown?

edit: I forgot to say then if there was such a 'show selected box' the maybe having the search key be sticky would not be confusing...
or maybe stickiness  could be an advanced parameter set in the tools menu or something

Last edited by macdarren (2018-01-19 15:57:18)

Board footer