You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-10 14:10:40

arcadepcnut

nanodlp duplicator 7 and first layer

Ok I'm having issues. a lot of issues. I come from the world of filament printing into the world of resin printing. the two worlds do not touch and that's become obvious. other than the words "3d" and "printing" there is nothing in common. lol

I add a plate.
The plate shows first layer as the actual first layer of my print. Black with two solid white spots for my two parts.
I go to green layer button on my plate view before printing.It shows my first layer exactly as it should in my webbrowser.

I click red display layer button it asks if I want to show it on the printer screen. I say yes and it shows it perfect on my screen of my printer!

So I click print. Here is where it goes wrong.
I have my first layer time set to 180 seconds.
on the screen of the printer for 180 seconds it shows a dull purple screen....dim but purple over the entire screen for 180 seconds.
Layer 2. it shows the real layer! what it should have shown for layer 1!
but now my vat is full of jello and and of course print doesn't stick!

where is this "first layer" that shows on the printer as a full screen uv coming from?
any way to start printing layer 1 and forward? I assume if you print and say start at layer 2 it will assume that layer one is already stuck to build plate. is that right? or if you say start from layer 2 when you print does it start from layer 2 as if it was layer 1? this option to start from layer is for finishing incomplete prints right?

duplicator d7 version 1.4 with the 1.3 custom firmware
nanoflp raspberry pi build 1744

#2 2018-01-11 06:29:07

Shahin
Administrator

Re: nanodlp duplicator 7 and first layer

It should not display purple screen. Every time you see this screen on the first layer?
Maybe it is your gcodes which does not turn on UV light or something. This is hardware specific issue, ask your question on d7 facebook page.

#3 2018-01-11 19:55:14

arcadepcnut

ok yes it displays entire purple screen. Doesn't do it with creation workshop just nanodlp. And it only does it with latest nanodlp ill just downgrade back to the original one recommended for d7.
ill check starting gcodes and see. thanks

Last edited by arcadepcnut (2018-01-11 19:56:06)

#4 2018-01-16 21:22:53

arcadepcnut

figured it out on my own. Downgraded back to build 1437 and no more purple display for layer one.

Board footer