You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-10 14:01:07

arcadepcnut

Question on proper way to reconnect or kill a job

I'm still in the process of troubleshooting my printer. So I am killing jobs all the time. Most of the time if I kill the job by turning off power to my duplicator d7 printer I really mess up the whole nanodlp sync.
I'm running 1744 and I do get a ramps reconnect button at the top. Sometimes this works sometimes not.

Stop print red button never works. force stop never works.
Turning off printer works. But then getting nanodlp to connect back without hard resetting the Pi is almost impossible,

What is the proper process for killing a job that the first layer didn't stick or testing so you can send the printer another job.

What is the best process if you turn the printer off when not using it and leave the Pi on? trying to get nanodlp to reconnect to printer is this case I have to power it off and back on.

thank you in advance.

#2 2018-01-11 06:25:52

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Question on proper way to reconnect or kill a job

Maybe RAMPS address changes so nanodlp could not reconnect.
Where exactly you need to kill it? (During movement, cure and etc)

#3 2018-01-11 09:36:33

MaxJewels

arcadepcnut wrote:

I'm still in the process of troubleshooting my printer. So I am killing jobs all the time. Most of the time if I kill the job by turning off power to my duplicator d7 printer I really mess up the whole nanodlp sync.
I'm running 1744 and I do get a ramps reconnect button at the top. Sometimes this works sometimes not.

Stop print red button never works. force stop never works.
Turning off printer works. But then getting nanodlp to connect back without hard resetting the Pi is almost impossible,

What is the proper process for killing a job that the first layer didn't stick or testing so you can send the printer another job.

What is the best process if you turn the printer off when not using it and leave the Pi on? trying to get nanodlp to reconnect to printer is this case I have to power it off and back on.

thank you in advance.

Change firmware on D7
I have already installed nanoDLP on 5 D7 without problems

#4 2018-01-11 19:52:22

arcadepcnut

Shahin wrote:

I changed it to the v1.3 what version should I be running?

#5 2018-01-11 19:53:32

arcadepcnut

Shahin wrote:

Due to nothing being on the build plate. Better to kill it layer 3 than wait 3 hours to find out you have nothing.

#6 2018-01-16 21:21:36

arcadepcnut

Figured it out on my own. i wasnt waiting long enough. it can take 2 minutes or longer to respond to a stop job.

Board footer