You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-23 19:15:19

backXslash

Tip: Vivitek DH559 Full HD Projector Works Out Of The Box

For anyone who's curious, the Vivitek DH559 Full HD projector works out of the box, cures resin and everything.

I opened it up, and did a close up focus mod to the optic by replacing the M3 machine screws that hold the lens assembly to the DMD housing with longer ones, and adding washers to space them apart. I added about 6mm worth of space, and then added some blacking tape to cut down on the light leak. It now focuses MUCH closer than usual, and cures layers in about 5 seconds.

If anyone wants / needs help with the mod, happy to help. The projector is on sale at a bunch of places, so (at the time of this writing) you shouldn't have issues getting one for less than $800. I paid about $200 for mine, but I got it through employee discount at MicroCenter through a friend.

#2 2016-07-25 18:26:25

RMZ

Re: Tip: Vivitek DH559 Full HD Projector Works Out Of The Box

Hello there.how can i buy one of those vivitek DH558 s?
i really have no idea where to buy one, can you assist please?
and do you have any photos of washers you have used and a summary how did you do that?

#3 2016-07-25 20:44:46

backXslash

RMZ wrote:

Hello there.how can i buy one of those vivitek DH558 s?
i really have no idea where to buy one, can you assist please?
and do you have any photos of washers you have used and a summary how did you do that?

The projector is available here. As for the washers, they're just standard M3 washers available wherever you bought the M3 bolts. Really I didn't like the way the washers affected the edge focus, so I got some 1.5mm thick aluminum plates and machined spacer plates so that the entire assembly is maintained as lightproof, just longer.

#4 2016-07-28 18:08:13

RMZ

Oh there is very shopping websites and i really confused where to buy . Where do you live ?

Board footer