You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-13 12:52:59

lawgicau

Override layer height on new plate

Hi there,

Firstly, thank you for a fantastic piece of software. I've had my Wanhao D7 for about a week and although things were daunting at first, now that I'm getting more advanced I greatly appreciate the depth of the software.

I have tinkered to the point where I have dynamic scripts for cure time, lift speed and lift height. They are written to account for automatic alterations to curing time for different layer heights.

To make it so I don't have to have multiple profiles for various layer heights, could the 'Add Plate' screen have a simple box to override resin profile layer height?

Default is '0' which means don't change, otherwise micron value is entered to trigger the change.

Many thanks,

Michael

#2 2017-12-14 04:43:56

Shahin
Administrator

Re: Override layer height on new plate

The problem is RPi's slow processor, it does not have enough processing power to slice STL files in realtime. So we need to start slicing files before start of print.
But what you can already could do is to slice the file in 10micron for example (smallest possible layer to cure with your resin) and use SkipLayer keyword in gcode box to increase layer's height by skipping layers dynamically.

#3 2017-12-14 06:19:41

lawgicau

I think I have not explained properly.

I don't expect to the slicing speed or order to change, just that the variable of layer height is taken from the new input (if a value other than 0 is entered) instead of that stored in the selected resin profile.

#4 2017-12-16 05:45:06

Shahin
Administrator

I think you want slicing with dynamic height (different height) unfortunately it is not possible due to given reasons above.
But still you could achieve close to it using method explained above.

#5 2017-12-16 07:21:33

lawgicau

Hi again,

Definitely not after dynamic layer height slicing. My dynamic curing formula currently accounts for different layer thicknesses. I just want a way to enter my desired layer thickness on the 'Add Plate' screen to avoid cloning the profile for 35, 50, 70, 100, etc micron layer height.

Currently when slicing it takes the layer height from the selected resin profile, I propose that if the new input is not set to '00' then to take the layer height from it instead what is in the resin profile. All layers are then set to this height, just like they are now. This request is nothing more complicated than that.

Eg 1. Resin profile is set to 70 microns, new input is left as default 00, result is still 70 micron layer height.
Eg 2. Resin profile is set to 70 microns, new input is now changed to 50, result is that slicing now occurs at 50 microns with all other resin profile settings retained.

Most people will ignore it but those using dynamic cure will benefit greatly.

#6 2017-12-18 01:34:49

Shahin
Administrator

OK, I got your point, it is not difficult to add but I believe it will be a feature rarely being used by anyone else.
Why you would not use external script to handle modifications?

Board footer