You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-29 19:24:31

hugerobots

nanoDLP/Wanhao D7 not starting print after slicing completes

The final log message says "Slicing operation has been completed."

But the print doesn't begin. It doesn't show the image on the LCD, the UV led doesn't turn on and I can't even click 'Stop Print' to halt the process.

The only way to reset the raspberry pi (B+ version) is to power it off/on manually.

Is this common?

#2 2017-11-29 20:21:53

Shahin
Administrator

Re: nanoDLP/Wanhao D7 not starting print after slicing completes

No, it is probably RAMPS related synchronization issue.

#3 2017-11-29 20:29:15

hugerobots

How can something like this be rectified?

The only experience I've had with 3d printing has been with an older Printrbot and it's Marlin firmware.

#4 2017-12-02 07:54:22

MaxJewels

hugerobots wrote:

The only experience I've had with 3d printing has been with an older Printrbot and it's Marlin firmware.

I print regularly with the D7 and I have no problem, try to change firmware on the printer, there are several for the D7

#5 2018-03-26 17:20:17

jannoke

MaxJewels wrote:
hugerobots wrote:

I print regularly with the D7 and I have no problem, try to change firmware on the printer, there are several for the D7

Can you upload the folder of your nanodlp to somewhere. I can slice, i can display calibrationbn images, but it just won't print. will show 00:00 of 00:00 and after starting a print. i can't even stop the printjob. I need to restart nanodlp service. I can pause it.
I can move the z axis just fine with nanod lp(or pronterface).

Also printing works with creation workshop.

I have followed the guide as much as possible on here: https://3dprinterwiki.info/d7/d7-nanodlp-settings-2/

But the sdcard images won't even boot on my raspberry pi 3+ (probably it's for 3).
So i had to make the configuration from scratch.

#6 2018-03-27 03:57:54

mungbean

Follow the instructions on this link:
https://3dprinterwiki.info/wiki/wanhao- … ll-option/

watch the top video its basically visually going through the bullet points below.
Follow every step and you should be good.

By the sounds of it you have a firmware compatibility issue with nanoDLP, did you change firmware to a nanoDLP compatible one?

Last edited by mungbean (2018-03-27 05:34:43)

#7 2018-03-27 07:51:10

jannoke

As I understand, v1.3+ is compatible with nanodlp from factory (section 4): http://www.wanhao3dprinter.com/Down/Sho … ticleID=83

We have embedded the NanoDLP firmware in stock firmware for V1.3 and V1.4.

So I should not need one, but I did eventually install the  v1.3 hex file provided on the tutorial. Did not make it better or worse.

I have factory v1.5 hw

#8 2018-03-27 10:52:50

mungbean

I think the Wanhao factory one is older (1.01 hex).  I currently have the 1.3 hex installed and the pre-configured Wanhao image which I updated inside nanoDLP (build 1819).  I am running this on a Rpi 3b.  I had endless trouble getting my Rpi 3b+ working but I did manage it with a install of stretch lite and manually installing nanoDLP then adding configurations.  You have to be very exact with your configurations otherwise things wont work.  I wanted all the preconfigured buttons and resin profiles so in the end I swapped my HTPC Rpi3b over to nanoDLP and that was a very pleasant process with the preconfigured image.  I have now since found that Wanhao CWS comes with a large amount of tested resin profiles and managed to skim the information from their and configure some good nanoDLP resin profiles.

#9 2018-03-27 11:42:11

jannoke

But I did copy the full nanodlp folder over from the image file and it seems that it has some older nanodlp and then even slicing  would not complete. Then I reinstalled the rp3b+ from scratch, nanodlp install and copied over the json files for machine and resins from the image. This is where I'm at.

Just figured that i have rp3b lying around office which i could use as proof of concept.

#10 2018-03-27 12:36:50

mungbean

Yea Rpi3B+ is a bit of work, but I may go back to it as I think it was noticeably faster at slicing the STL.

#11 2018-03-29 06:47:26

Shahin
Administrator

I cannot comment on D7 issues but for rpi3+ you need to upgrade firmware using rpi-update first on older rpi to make sd image workable on rpi3+. I do not expect any other issue, if you had experienced any other issue let me know so I could fix them.
By the way nanodlp image available on the site is based on latest firmware/scratch os.

#12 2018-03-30 06:15:52

jannoke

Well. indeed it boots rp3b+ now.
So:
* took the premade image for d7.
* had to add wanhao default resins because these where not included in the image for some reason
* updated raspbian
* updated nanodlp from ui
* manual z axis movement works, calibration image works. turning shutter on/off works.
* pressed print.
* z moves to zero pos
* printing won't start. just stays like this.

Now UI seems to be fine with time estimation, But it's still stuck and it does not seem to log useful info:

wanhaod7_nanodlp.PNG

This just stays like this. ETE is updated, so it's always 3:13 off.

If this is suppose to be fw issue then it should log on the screen?

Maybe somebody has a log of good working print start so I could see what should come next.

Last edited by jannoke (2018-03-30 06:17:39)

#13 2018-03-30 06:42:29

mungbean

Did you configure your resin profiles for the updated firmware?

GCODE Before Each Layer:

G1 Z[[LayerPosition]] F[[ZSpeed]] P1
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[PositionSet [[LayerPosition]]]]

GCODE After Each Layer:

G1 Z{[[LayerPosition]]+[[ZLiftDistance]]} F{[[ZSpeed]]/5} P1
[[WaitForDoneMessage]]
[[PositionSet [[LayerPosition]]]]

This is what I am running successfully.

Last edited by mungbean (2018-03-30 06:42:58)

#14 2018-03-30 06:55:17

jannoke

Yes. Got the resin profiles from the howto site. also, marked in my joblist:

* had to add wanhao default resins because these where not included in the image for some reason

got them from the howto, direct link here: https://3dprinterwiki.info/wp-content/u … ofiles.zip

Also from my log you can see:
Transfering Data G1 Z0.065 F225 P1 ; Move to layer position

I would like to know what should happen after G4 P1  (which is gcode for wait for 1ms).

#15 2018-03-30 11:06:09

jannoke

Ok. Got it to work. It was yes one wait command still there,but I actually fixed that a while ago, but seems like something was going on with arduino side. After everything got powered down and I started tinkering it later on, it worked right out of the box.
Thanks for help.

And yes - it works with rpi3+ without any modifications. Just swapped the sdcard. Just the firmware update must be done first as pointed out before.

#16 2018-03-30 11:08:14

MaxJewels

If the problem is that printing does not start you can solve by loading this as firmware

Firm_D7_nanoDLP_Maxjewels.hex.txt

delete .txt

#17 2018-04-01 00:46:21

craigb244

Ive just had the identical issue, turned out the power supply to the RPI was not putting out enough power and causes something strange to happen.

#18 2018-04-01 20:35:08

dbulnes

Dear all, this is my first post to the Forum, thank you all for the amazing help. I have finally got to the point where I can slice my plate, see the images in the printer, but again just like this thread states, the print does not continue, it is stuck at layer 1.

- I already modified my resin profile, same like jannoke.
- I added them from the how to file.
- I made the changes suggested by Mungbean,
- I had an extra [[WaitForDoneMessage]] in the profiles I removed it and pasted exactly what stated here in this thread.
.- I saved my new profile,
- recreated everything with the new updated profile,

and nothing improved.
I am interested to know what is Maxjewels firmware updating as I would not like to loose all the progress until now.
to Craigb244, what power source did you had and what do you change it to? Mine is 5v 3.0 amps, only for RBPi.

Setup: RBPi 3+, NanoDLP image, updated, rbpi also updated and upgraded.
Best regards,

#19 2018-04-02 00:12:45

craigb244

Dbulnes,

Did you Recreate the plate after changing the profiles?

On your RBPI watch the leds on it closely, does the red led ever go out or flicker?

#20 2018-04-07 06:22:50

dbulnes

Dear Craigb244,
Thanks for your comments, yes I did recreate all my plates.
Just to let who ever is interested in, I managed to get it working, I had all profiles correctly modified, but my Firmware, the one from Wanhao webpage, which stated that had support for NanoDLP, was not working.
I check what firmware was actually in the printer, with the M115 instruction, check this page "3dprinterwiki.info/d7/d7-faqs/"  and go to the "Printing does not get past the first layer using nanoDLP" that help me realize my current firmware was not matching my profiles.
After that I decided to installed MaxJewels firmware, many thanks for that, and now the firmware and profiles are matching and I can print using my Raspberry Pi3b+
Regards

#21 2018-04-24 20:34:36

lameran@gmx.de

dbulnes what did you do to get it working?

Board footer