You are not logged in.

#151 2018-11-23 19:40:52

lumacäke

Re: Touch screen for NanoDLP

rob wrote:
rob wrote:

I'm stuck with the same problem on a RPi2B and a Nextion Basic 3.5". I'm running v2. I think I tried all solution I saw online, but I can't find the issue.

I initially thought it was a permission/serial port issue, but after some checking I just realized  it's should not.

I did find the problem. I just did not realized you need to change the url in config.json when using non-standard web interface port.  roll

{
  "url":"http://localhost",

to

{
  "url":"http://localhost:PORT",

where PORT equals to your port number.
I am writing back in case someone else could find the same problem.
It might be nice to add this info in the README for other users, just in case. Or otherwise any kind of debug info when program cannot connect to the interface. I had been messing around a lot with the serial settings, thinking it was a pi serial configuration problem. Killing node process and running it from console with

DEBUG=* node /home/pi/nextion/bin/index.js

I could notice that program hang after successfully sending the first commands (sleep=0,bkcmd=3,etc) but there was no debug info like "cannot connect to url". It might be helpful to debug configuration.
PS: Thanks again for the great work! smile

Hi there, i´m using a Pi2B just like rob. I can´t make it past the "connecting to printer" screen. I was able to connect to my pi an the screen threw WinSCP and i changed the config.json file. That dind´t work so far. I tried to get die .log from the nextion but this file doesn´t show up in Win SCP. Has anyone an idea what i´ve got to do to get that said file?
Would be great if someone got a hint for me.

#152 2018-11-30 17:05:06

lumacäke

I Think i´ve found the problem with my screen. It´s probaply the node js server. When i install it by following the instructions on githup, i get the following messages:

2018-11-29 14:54:09 (260 KB/s) - ‘node-v6.4.0-linux-armv6l.tar.gz’ saved [12746855/12746855]

unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/bin/node': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/sbin/node': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/sbin/node': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/local/bin/node': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/bin/npm': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/sbin/npm': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/sbin/npm': No such file or directory
unlink: cannot unlink '/usr/local/bin/npm': No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi:~/nextion $

Does anyone have an idea how i can solve these problems?

#153 2018-12-14 20:09:44

reddo

Hi all,

First, thanks to everyone contributing to this, I'm not a software guy and with lots of trail and error have a few PI's running in in the house with several applications (volumio, domoticz, monititoring of power and solar) and also have a few 3d printers designed anf build, runnig Marlin software. (and made a racing sim wheel using a few arduino's and a nextion screen)

now building the TOS dlp printer and busy making the parts. Meanwhile, doing the Nextion and PI setup but followig the TS git page, not much luck... Is there a definitive guide for setting up the nextion to the PI3B ?? Had it working and setup the nanodlp + nextion showing all but under plates, all was undefined. Now trying to set it up again (fresh install) but... no go, nextion keeps saying it's connecting...

EDIT : Fresh install now, screen is live again but not showing the IP adress (just TCP/IP) and buttons are unresponsive (they show you push them but no action).. control of nanodlp over IP works from PC. Mistery, mistery....

EDIT 2 : solved ! (from the tubus git issue list)

@ jmtru, found out the solution below:
first see the errorlog(sudo cd /home/pi/nextion, sudo ls -al, you will see that errorlog in list ) in nextion, if it is below error:
missing API key for pushbullet
{ Error: Cannot find module 'ip'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:455:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:403:25)
at Module.require (module.js:483:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Home._callee$ (/home/pi/nextion/bin/plugins/nextion/pages/home.js:54:22)
at tryCatch (/home/pi/nextion/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:65:40)
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/home/pi/nextion/node_modules/regenera$
at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/home/pi/nextion/$
at step (/home/pi/nextion/bin/plugins/nextion/pages/home.js:16:191)
at /home/pi/nextion/bin/plugins/nextion/pages/home.js:16:361 code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }

The new dependencies (ip, drivelist, child_process) are missing in release v 0.3
sudo cd /home/pi/nextion
sudo npm i ip
sudo npm i drivelist
sudo npm i child_process
sudo shutdown -r now
after reboot the IP/TCP WILL have address, all the set icon can be work.

Thanks

Redmer

Last edited by reddo (2018-12-18 16:47:36)

#154 2018-12-20 07:37:20

ocioso

hello good guys
I need help, I have a nextion of 2.4 "inches but when trying to follow the git https:// github.com /Tibus/TouchScreen-For-NanoDLP
I can not make it work, the printer design I'm following is from @ToS.
If anyone could give me a tutorial to make it work, I would be very grateful

#155 2019-04-05 16:58:13

lord0815

In the latest NanoDLP version there is an internal support (machine settings page) for Nextion.

If someone still has an older version or cannot use the internal support; the following solution is working for me (tried 3.2" and 5"):

1) Do everything according to the installation description on GitHub (https://github.com/Tibus/TouchScreen-For-NanoDLP)

2) SSH to Raspi (I use PUTTY) and copy/paste following commands:

wget https://nodejs.org/dist/v10.0.0/node-v1 … v7l.tar.xz
xz -d node-v10.0.0-linux-armv7l.tar.xz
tar -xavf node-v10.0.0-linux-armv7l.tar
sudo ln -s /usr/local/node/bin/node /usr/bin/node
sudo ln -s /usr/local/node/bin/npm /usr/bin/npm

(Optional) - You can check if available/installed:

node --version
npm --version

(both versions should be displayed)

sudo npm i ip sudo npm i drivelist
sudo npm i child_process
sudo shutdown -r now

sudo systemctl disable hciuart
sudo reboot

-> For me this is working on all my NextIon screens...

#156 2019-07-26 21:29:25

biqut2

FIXED: I finally found these instructions and followed them.

Nextion displays being supported by NanoDLP internally.
To use them you need to load NanoDLP HMI on Nextion Display and enter correct address on NanoDLP.
If you are connecting Nextion to Raspberry Pi without Serial2USB adapter, you need to enable serial on Raspberry Pi by following steps below:
SSH into your Raspberry Pi
Run command: sudo raspi-config
Enable Serial
sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
remove command "console=ttyAMA0,115200" and "console=serial0,115200"
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add following line: dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
sudo reboot

Last edited by biqut2 (2019-07-26 22:24:41)

#157 2019-08-20 14:38:51

bigfilsing

lukeglazebrook wrote:

This is turning out to be the biggest ball ache/nightmare on earth for anyone who owns a Pi3b/B+ for the love of god is there a kind soul out there that could upload a working .img to dropbox or similar for the benifit of the community.  If someone get me a cop I will host it somehow.

I couldn't agree more . Why in 2019 this has to be such a complicated process is unreal.  Not to mention a very hit and miss install . Hours of research and failed attempts
The developers could learn a lot from the likes of the DUet Wifi ? Panel Due guys . Install firmware , plug in and done .....No hours of ssh and updating everything under the sun
Yes ...very frustrated after yet another Raspi night mare

#158 2019-08-22 05:22:17

Shahin
Administrator

NanoDLP internal nextion support is quite easier to use. Problem with automating process is ever breaking backward compatibility on rpi. Any assumption about OS could be wrong on the next version.
Almost all of the new rasbian release break some function on nanodlp side. It is quite easy to automate serial port activation or so but it could break something in future.

#159 2019-08-22 07:17:24

bigfilsing

Shahin wrote:

NanoDLP internal nextion support is quite easier to use. Problem with automating process is ever breaking backward compatibility on rpi. Any assumption about OS could be wrong on the next version.
Almost all of the new rasbian release break some function on nanodlp side. It is quite easy to automate serial port activation or so but it could break something in future.

Yeah i understand that in the endeavor to make things better sometimes backwards compatibility gets left behind but the whole process of blindly following install step by steps trying to get the serial port to work on my Raspi 3B is very frustrating with know way of knowing whether its working or not.
Its highly likely that my lack of linux knowledge plays a role too,

I have noticed in the latest releases that in the machine settings> advanced  there is a Nextion port setting with options but without knowing if the GPIO pins are functioning as serial comms i cant seem to find out which to select.
Ive tried them all which suggests the serial comms isnt working ?????

#160 2019-08-22 13:26:58

Kaveh

Hello Shahin

I want to customize nextion interface and I need to latest HMI file for manipulating it.
please give me a link to download this file (My Nextion LCD model is NX4827T043_011).

Thanks a lot for your helping

Last edited by Kaveh (2019-08-22 13:27:26)

#161 2019-08-23 02:13:33

bigfilsing

Shahin wrote:

So i'm just digging deep in the patience bucket and preparing for another attempt

I have a spare Raspi 3B

So steps i intend to take . I will use Cat 5 cable for network ( to avoid any wifi issues ( updating raspi and or NanoDLP)

1/ Install the latest NanoDLP
2/ Expand file system
3/ Update NanoDLP to latest stable version & confirm working with my printer ( KLD-LCD 1260- YHD101 )

Then ???
Follow the step by step here>  https://github.com/Tibus/TouchScreen-For-NanoDLP     Yes?   All steps Yes / No ?

You mentioned that " NanoDLP internal nextion support is quite easier to use"   Do i need to follow all the steps on the github page ?

All help appreciatted as always

#162 2019-08-23 06:03:03

Shahin
Administrator

No you do not need to follow github page as it is external program no longer required for nextion.

What you need to do:
1. load TFT image on nextion display
2. connect nextion to your pi using serial2usb adapter
3. put correct path on the nanodlp setup page.

If you want to use serial (GPIO) instead of serial2usb, you need to enable serial port on raspberry pi. You can see list of changes required by pushing ? button above nextion input box on the setup page.

#163 2019-08-24 07:29:29

bigfilsing

Shahin wrote:

No you do not need to follow github page as it is external program no longer required for nextion.

What you need to do:
1. load TFT image on nextion display
2. connect nextion to your pi using serial2usb adapter
3. put correct path on the nanodlp setup page.

If you want to use serial (GPIO) instead of serial2usb, you need to enable serial port on raspberry pi. You can see list of changes required by pushing ? button above nextion input box on the setup page.

Thanks ill give that a try when i can get my hands on a suitable adapter

#164 2019-09-07 17:17:34

sinned6915

I REALLY wish that the OP or admin would add some clarification to the first post! I think it does a great disservice to the reputation of nanoDLP to have all this confusing and conflicting information out there. I think that there is a bit of expert blindspot going on too. Some of it may be appropriate to the older versions but its really unnecessary to have to go through it all.

Here is what I did to get my Nextion working. It turned out to be be MUCH simpler than any of the previous instructions. After HOURS of wasted reading the thread and trying all the well intentioned advice, the light went on after my other post. I sat down to write this up and document it, hoping to save others the same aggravation.  I realize that some of the images turned out to be a bit on the large size after writing all this, but I am not going back to make them smaller.

I am using a Nextion NX4024T032 - Generic 3.2" HMI TFT LCD Touch Display Module and I am using the serial over GPIO instead of the supplied serail2USB adapter.

1. Install the distro to the micro SD card like any other raspi distro.

2. Use raspi-config to configure the serial adapter.  I am copying info from https://collingwood.me.uk/blog/index.ph … ield-v1-1/ to make this more comprehensible.

3.Set up the serial interface
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo raspi-config
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.32.45-PM.png
In the main config screen, scroll down to “Interfacing Options” and hit enter. Its Number 5 on the list at the time of this writing.

Scroll down to “Serial” and hit enter. Its 'P6' at the time of this writing.
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.28.16-PM.png
The first configuration choice is "Would you like a login shell to be accessible over serial?"
Use the arrow keys to swtich options, select “No”
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.29.46-PM.png
Enter to proceed to the next page
The next choice is to enable the hardware serial port-
"Would you like the serial port to be enabled?"
Use the arrow keys to swtich options, select “Yes”
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.30.23-PM.png
Hit enter and you will get the following confirmation screen-
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.31.25-PM.png
Hit enter to return to the main raspi-config menu. Use the Tab key to access the bottom selections, select “Finish” and hit enter.
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.36.03-PM.png
Hit enter to reboot:
Screen-Shot-2019-02-10-at-7.37.16-PM.png

4. Perform the usual ritual of raspi update- SSH to the Pi and do the usual
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade

I did not reboot yet, I will do that in the next part.

5. Set up the Nextion
The Nextion has an onboard processor and graphics system. It needs some configuration instructions. You need to put the right *.tft file on a microSD card, put that in the Nextion and then boot it up. The Nextion will find the file and start updating automatically.

Get the current Nextion files from the NanoDLP repository. Either browse to it via the 'Download' page or go here- https://www.nanodlp.com/download/#nextion. You will need to download and expand the compressed file and then choose the one that matches your unit. The repo shown here is the file list for V1.1.0-tft from nanoDLP.
I have the 3.2" basic one-
jRuOedF.png

I put it on a spare card and powered up the Nextion. The screen turned a light gray, and in red letters it gave me status updates as it updated.

6. Connect the Nextion to the Pi. I am using the included 4 wire cable that came with the display to connect to the Pi. Here is the image from Tibus' github page-
hardware.jpg
I am not sure of the BCM pin assignments, but the header connector position is correct. This is my reference to Pi pinouts - https://pinout.xyz/.

This is where I rebooted the raspi and things initialized. After reboot, the display on the Nextion showed the new logo while connecting and the new Human Machine Interface appeared.
hmi.png

7. Update NanoDLP.  Use a browser to go to the instance of NanoDLP. I assume that you can do this without instruction. After you go through the initial startup of the instance of nanoDLP, where you choose the machine type and setup your WiFi, you will want to update to the most current system. 
(At some point, I had also applied the Wanhao D7 configuration from Teching Tech, so the machine ID is 'NanoDLP D7.' Yours will be different).

Look at the version at the top right hand corner.
YhJQ6DL.png
If there is a blue box here telling you that there is an update available, click it and follow the prompts to install the update. Alternatively, you can go to the Setup->Tools ->Upgrade nanoDLP menu to get there.
You want to update to a version greater than #2101. I am on #2314 at the time of this writing. The system will reboot to complete the upgrade.
nMT0f4e.png

8. After the upgrade, you need to set nanoDLP 'Setup Mode' options to "Advanced"
In the first settings group, under "Printer Settings"
OrwkP0d.png
Scroll to the bottom and hit the green button to 'Submit'

9. After the display refreshes, scroll to the bottom where the 'Submit' button is.
In the section for 'Various Settings', there is an option for 'Nextion Display Port Address'
Since the Nextion is the only serial device connected to the Pi at this time, there is only one option.
DJpS23Y.png

10. I can not remember if I rebooted or restarted nanoDLP, but the display if responsive and functional.
My display now works as is shown in the YouTube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBzG2-P-Qo

Last edited by sinned6915 (2019-09-07 17:23:42)

#165 2019-09-08 05:00:25

Shahin
Administrator

Sinned,

Thank you for the guide.
If you could post this on a new separate topic, will close this topic and make new topic sticky.

Board footer