You are not logged in.

#26 2017-04-20 19:34:11

macdarren

Re: Odd status conflict, Build 1392

I will check to see if I can adjust the bearing block again....last time I tried I could not budge it even after removing the two small set screws...I think maybe it got some loctite in it...It does slide on easily and doesn't seem overly loose but certainly not 'tight' or hard to get on either....I did have a bent stepper and screw and wanhao is sending replacements but I put in my own for now....along with the flex coupler so to my eye at least it moves smoothly.  I will be installing the fan shroud tonight as well so I will check voltages while I have it open...possible the stepper is skipping I suppose...

The wavy Z statement might not be a good description....after fixing the bends etc I have much reduced the waves on the sides of the object what I am seeing now is waves on the flat surfaces at either end of a print....not sure what to call that..but say I print a cube the top and bottom (if it is on supports) both have a non flat surface...I don't want to suspect maybe the exposure is uneven as no one else seems to have that issue and I am printing smallish object in the center so it should, I would think be pretty evenly exposed..but not sure what causes it...

Last edited by macdarren (2017-04-20 19:36:17)

#27 2017-04-20 19:37:36

jamesarm97

Oh, we had that issue big time. They used locktite *and* the bearing is tapered so you cannot turn it unless it is out of the hole just a little or it will be too tight. msg Vernon on FB and he may be able to explain it better. We beat the part the setscrews are in (not the bearing) from the front side until it came out.

#28 2017-04-20 19:51:21

macdarren

Ok I understand that...I will try that and be a little more aggressive.  When it didn't move I figure I must be doing it wrong but probably I gave up too easily.

I am updating my nanodlp profiles now to match what you sent...while not critical the resume print Code is also cut off I think....and I have never had anything in that box from my previous profiles....can you post the full code?

#29 2017-04-21 07:34:18

Shahin
Administrator

macdarren,
Yes, I believe moving shutter gcodes to before and after layer gcode boxes will solve the issue.
You are right, it makes sense to rename printer profiles. Will change it.

jamesarm97,
It is a race condition, I do not expect it happens in normal condition, but still it could happens for example in 0.1% of layers which could ruins your prints without getting noticed.

#30 2017-04-21 14:26:46

jamesarm97

I ran all night with no issues with the new changes. I have not moved the shutter gcode to the other sections yet since I changed the firmware to not send z_move_comp message back for any non-move commands.

Board footer